- An injection laser diode is a semiconductor device that produces coherent radiation, which means all waves are at the same frequency and phase when current is passed through the device.
- Injection laser diode semiconductors are small and are made of very thin slices of semiconducting material. They are very carefully manufactured to create a perfect p-n junction.
- Based on type, injection laser diodes are divided into blue laser diode, red laser diode, infrared laser diode, and others. They are used in optical storage & display, telecom & communication, industrial applications, medical applications, military & defense, instrumentation & sensors, and other applications.
Rise in Demand for Blue Laser Diode
- Blue laser diode is the fastest growing segment of the injection laser diode market. A blue laser diode emits electromagnetic radiation with a wavelength between 405 and 483 nanometers; the human eye sees this range of color as blue.
- The rise in implementing innovative technologies in laser projectors to achieve better display quality, increasing demand for high-quality displays, rise in use of laser phosphor as a light source instead of traditional lamps, increasing use of laser projectors which use blue laser diodes as a light source, and rise in investments in research and development related to blue laser diodes is expected to propel the growth of the blue laser diode market during the forecast period.
- Moreover, blue laser diodes are being used for multiple applications including welding, and 3D printing of metals including copper and gold in material processing.
- The medical application segment holds significant share of the global injection laser diode market due to the rise in demand for injection laser diodes in the healthcare sector as they assist physicians, rise in demand for cosmetic surgery procedures, and increasing dermatological treatments such as contouring, skin resurfacing, wrinkle and pigmentation reduction, and tattoo removal, all of which is likely to boost the growth of the global injection laser diode market during the forecast period.
- In January 2020, Ushio, Inc. a Japanese company launched a new 660nm red laser diode, which produces an output power of 200mW CW/400mW pulsed. These high-power laser diodes provide a built-in monitoring photo-diode at the lasing wavelength.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Asia Pacific to Lead the Injection Laser Diode Market
- In terms of region, the global injection laser diode market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global injection laser diode market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of injection laser diode operate in major Asian countries such as China, Japan, and India.
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness the fastest growth in the injection laser diode market during the forecast period due to increasing industrialization in the region, which drives the demand for injection laser diodes for various applications. The Asia Pacific semiconductors market is impacted by the strong domestic demand for injection laser diodes, causing the market to become the largest in the world.
- North America holds the second largest share of the injection laser diode market due to an increase in demand from healthcare, and military & defense end-use industries.
- The injection laser diode market in Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Injection Laser Diode Market
The global injection laser diode market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the market are focusing on technological advancement and expansion to meet the rising demand for injection laser diodes. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global injection laser diode market include:
- Panasonic Semiconductor Solutions Co., Ltd.
- ROHM Co., Ltd.
- IPG Photonics Corp.
- Sharp Corp.
- Coherent, Inc.
- Hamamatsu Photonics K.K.
- JDS Uniphase Corp.
- Jenoptik AG
- Newport Corp.
- Trumpf GmbH + Co. KG
- Rofin-Sinar Technologies, Inc.
- Nichia Corporation
- TOPTICA Photonics
- Ushio, Inc.
- Egismos Technology Corporation
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Injection Laser Diode Market, Request for a Sample
Global Injection Laser Diode Market: Research Scope
Global Injection Laser Diode Market, by Type
- Blue Laser Diode
- Red Laser Diode
- Infrared Laser Diode
- Other Laser Diode
Global Injection Laser Diode Market, by Application
- Optical Storage & Display
- Telecom & Communication
- Industrial Applications
- Medical Applications
- Military & Defence
- Instrumentation & Sensor
Read TMR Research Methodology at: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/methodology.html
Read Our Latest Press Release: