Global Lead Screw Market – Introduction
- Lead screw is a component used as a linkage in a machine, to translate turning motion into linear motion. The performance of a lead screw depends on the coefficient of friction between the nut and the screw, which in turn depends on the material used for the nut and screw. Stainless steel is the most common material used in the manufacturing of lead screws. This material forms well, gives a great surface finish, and has good corrosion resistance. Lead screw is also known as power screw, and translation screw. Rolling, whirling, and grinding are the three basic ways of producing lead screw threads. Each method has its own pros and cons. Manufacturers are also manufacturing customized lead screws for end-users. Customization is especially helpful when end-users are replacing legacy parts that are no longer offered.
Advancement in technology projected to be a driving factor for the lead screw market
- Advancement in terms of technology and rapid increase in investment on research & development are projected to lead to the introduction of new and innovative technology equipped lead screws in the near future. Thomson Industries, Inc., one of the leading manufacturers of lead screw has a technology called Taper-Lock technology. This technology assures that the connection between the lead screw and motor is secure, robust, and correctly aligned. The lead screws manufactured by Thomson Industries, Inc. with this technology can offer up to 30% more load capacity than other comparable products, without increasing installation footprint.
Rise in usage of lead screws in various applications anticipated to be an opportunity for manufacturers
- Rapid increase in usage of lead screws in various applications such as linear actuators, machine tools, vises, presses, and jacks in different end-use industries is anticipated to surge the sale of lead screws during the forecasted timeline. Lead screw is one of the most common component in electric linear actuators. Lead screws are majorly designed to reduce or minimize friction. Hence, it is commonly used for commercial and industrial purposes.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
North America considered the largest market for lead screws
- Geographically, the global lead screw market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America accounted for major share of the global lead screw market in 2019. The market in North America is anticipated to grow at a significant rate during the forecast period due to rising demand for customized designs of lead screws, and innovative product development with nanotechnology in countries such as the U.S., Canada, and Mexico, which is projected to surge the sale of lead screws in the near future.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a significant growth rate during the forecast period due to rapid rise in usage of lead screw as a common component in linear actuators, especially in India, China, Korea, Japan, Australia, and other Southeast Asian countries. These factors are projected to surge the demand for lead screws in the Asia Pacific region.
Key Players Operating in the Lead Screw Market
Prominent lead screw brands or companies are estimated to face tough competition during the forecasted timeline. Companies such as Eichenberger Gewinde, MISUMI Corporation, Barnes Industries, Inc., and Power Jacks Limited are manufacturing lead screws with innovative sizes and light-weight materials and planning to launch more advance lead screws in the market. Companies are also undertaking mergers & acquisitions or signing agreements with regional distributors and dealers to expand their business in various parts of the globe. Some of the key players operating in the global lead screw market include:
- Barnes Industries, Inc.
- Eichenberger Gewinde AG
- Helix Linear Technologies
- MISUMI Corporation
- Noll Incorporated
- NOOK Industries, INC.
- Power Jacks Limited
- Roton Products, Inc.
- Thomson Industries, Inc.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Lead Screw Market, Request for a Sample
Global Lead Screw Market – Research Scope
Global Lead Screw Market, by Product Type
- Trapezoidal Threads
- Sharp Threads
- Buttress Threads
- Knuckle Threads
- Coarse Threads
- Reverse/Diamond Threads
- Others (Screw Conveys etc.)
Global Lead Screw Market, by Material
- Carbon Steel
- Stainless Steel
- Others (Alloys etc.)
Global Lead Screw Market, by Application
- Machine Tools
- Linear Actuators
- Others (Forming Presses etc.)
Global Lead Screw Market, by End-Use
- Aerospace and Defense
- Industrial Automation
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers’ or customers’ journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]