Chronic Immune Thrombocytopenia (ITP) Market: Introduction
- Immune thrombocytopenia is an autoimmune-mediated hematological disorder affecting the platelets. The immune system of the patient with immune thrombocytopenia produces antibodies directed against platelet antigens, causing platelet destruction and suppression of platelet production in the bone marrow cells. This increases the risk of serious bleeding events in the patient with the disease. The disease occurs when the immune system attacks and destroys platelets and cell fragments that help in blood clotting. The condition can either be acute or chronic. Acute immune thrombocytopenia lasts less than six months, while the chronic condition persists for more than six months. Typically, adults have chronic immune thrombocytopenia (ITP), while children suffer from the acute condition. In adults, the condition may be elicited by infection with HIV, hepatitis or H. pylori, while in children, it is followed by viral illness such as mumps or flu.
Request Brochure –
Key Drivers and Opportunities of Global Chronic Immune Thrombocytopenia (ITP) Market
- Increase in number of patients with chronic immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) fuels the demand for therapeutics indicated for the treatment of rare blood related disorders. Thus, key players are engaged in investing in research & development in order to address the unmet medical needs in the market. This, in turn, is projected to drive the market. For instance, a clinical trial sponsor by Octapharma for Panzyga is in phase 4 for chronic immune thrombocytopenia disease condition
- Pharmaceutical companies operating in the rare diseases arena have been receiving approvals from the FDA for the last few years. For instance, in April 2018, Rigel Pharmaceuticals, Inc. received approval for fostamatinib disodium hexahydrate tablets from U.S. Food and Administration for the treatment of thrombocytopenia in adult patients with chronic immune thrombocytopenia (ITP). Furthermore, the European Medicines Agency (EMEA) recognized chronic immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) as an orphan disease, with nearly 50,000 adult patients with chronic ITP in the European Union. In January 2021, Sobi (Swedish Orphan Biovitrum AB) announced the European Commission (EC) approval of Doptelet for the treatment of primary chronic immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) in adult patients.
- Increase in awareness about blood related disorders and government initiatives to improve healthcare access in developing countries are likely create significant opportunity in the market
Request COVID Analysis on Immune Thrombocytopenia Drugs Industry Market –
North America to Dominate Global Chronic Immune Thrombocytopenia (ITP) Market
- In terms of region, the global chronic immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global chronic immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) market during the forecast period. Strategic development by key players are key factors that are likely augment the market in the region. For instance, Swedish Orphan Biovitrum AB (Sobi) has acquired US-based Dova Pharmaceuticals. The acquisition enabled Sobi to enhance its product portfolio into haematology and strengthen the company’s commercial presence in the U.S.
- The chronic immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to a surge in the number of patients with chronic immune thrombocytopenia (ITP). Furthermore, key players are engaged in enhancing their investments in developing countries, which is likely propel the market. For instance, in July 2019, Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd launched Romiplostim in India, under the name Romy, to reduce the treatment cost of chronic immune thrombocytopenia (ITP).
Pre Book Immune Thrombocytopenia Drugs Industry Market Report –
Key Players Operating in Global Chronic Immune Thrombocytopenia (ITP) Market
The global chronic immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) market is fragmented with the presence of global as well as local players. A large number of manufacturers hold major share in their respective regions. Demand for chronic immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) products has increased in emerging as well as developed markets. Growth strategies adopted by leading players are likely to drive the global market.
Key players operating in the global chronic immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) market are:
- Octapharma AG
- Rigel Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Sobi (Swedish Orphan Biovitrum AB)
- Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Novartis AG
- CSL Behring LLC
- Amgen Inc
- Kyowa Kirin Co., Ltd
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals
- Saol Therapeutics
- Grifols, S.A.
Global Chronic Immune Thrombocytopenia (ITP) Market: Research Scope
Global Chronic Immune Thrombocytopenia (ITP) Market, by Drug Class
- Intravenous Immune Globulin (IVIG)
- Anti-RhoD (Anti-D)
- Thrombopoetin (TPO) Receptor Agonist
- Platlet Stimulating Agents
Global Chronic Immune Thrombocytopenia (ITP) Market, by Route of Administration
Global Chronic Immune Thrombocytopenia (ITP) Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Chronic Immune Thrombocytopenia (ITP) Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Trending Reports of Transparency Market Research –
Laparoscopy Devices Market –
Tuberculosis Testing Market –
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 Sate Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]