3D Fabrics Gain Popularity Due to Superior Insulation Characteristics
Innovations in 3D cotton textiles are bringing about a change in the home textile products market. Manufacturers are increasing research in human psychology, material characteristics, and its environmental effects to develop innovative products. Since wool provides excellent thermal insulation, companies are developing new materials such as the ‘hollow cotton yarn’ by blending cotton with polymer. Thus, fluffiness, softness, and superior insulation characteristics of hollow cotton yarn are being highly publicized in the market for home textile products.
Fabric construction is another innovative concept, which is gaining importance in the home textile products market. Manufacturers are increasing efforts to develop 3D fabric structures by joining two facing fabrics with a spacer filament. Such innovations are triggering market growth whilst the market for home textile products is estimated to reach an output of ~4,000 million units by the end of 2027. Novel 3D fabrics are acquiring popularity for its superior insulation characteristics.
Get Sample Copy:
Companies Focus on Achieving Sustainable Production Practices
Circular economy and sustainability are key focus points that are revolutionizing the home textile products market. Stakeholders are increasing efforts to present smart material innovations that cater to responsible innovations in yarn. For instance, Asahi Kasei-a Japan-based chemicals company, is focusing on the development of smart fiber made from cotton linter that does not deplete forest resources. Commitment of stakeholders toward responsible innovation has helped manufacturers in the market for home textile products to bolster their credibility in the global landscape.
On the other hand, regenerated cellulose fiber is gaining prominence in the market for home textile products. This novel fiber derived from cotton is being highly marketed for its fully circular attributes. The Introduction of entirely biodegradable and ecotoxicity-free yarns are key drivers contributing to market growth. Companies are setting their collaboration wheels in motion to combine precious raw materials with distinctive features. They are increasing their production capacities to manufacture new linen blends that are giving rise to breathable and soft fabrics.
Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report:
Sustainable Silks Grab Attention of Fabric Innovators for Development of Lightweight Products
Consumers are growing increasingly aware about vegan silk, since conventional silk is one of the most polluting material in the market for home textile products. Thus, cruelty-free silk is grabbing the attention of eco-conscious consumers. Other innovative silk materials such as soy silk, spider silk, and art silk are creating incremental opportunities for manufacturers in the home textile products market. The growing number of home apparel brands are embracing sustainable silks that has led to fast growth of the home textile products market, which is estimated to reach a revenue of ~US$ 140 Bn by the end of 2027. Thus, manufacturers in the market for home textile products are increasing research in biodegradable materials to gain competitive edge in the market landscape.
On the other hand, fabric innovators are increasing their efficacy in silk made from orange peels. Thus, its lightweight and versatile qualities are grabbing the attention of individuals that are willing to incorporate home products made from innovative materials.
Industry 4.0 and Opportunities in Europe Drive Market Growth
Rapid growth of industry 4.0 and the need for more sustainable manufacturing methods are some of the key drivers contributing to the growth of the home textile products market. Advanced sensor technologies are enabling stakeholders to access comprehensive technical machine data to achieve sustainable production goals. For instance, the Bierbaum Group-a well-known Irisette bedding brand is celebrating its 125th anniversary this year by introducing products that are German Government’s new Grüner Knopf textile seal approved.
Ask For Customization:
On the other hand, companies in the home textile products market are tapping into opportunities with synthetic leathers for the development of innovative home surfaces. This is evident since synthetic material segment is estimated to account for a significant share of the home textile products market. The home textiles sector is anticipated to gain strong business grounds in Germany. As such, this market in Europe is estimated to generate second-highest revenue.
The home textile products market is expected to expand at a modest CAGR of ~5% during the forecast period. Companies should leverage opportunities in Asia Pacific, since leading players have strong production and business prominence in the rapidly growing economy.
Moreover, 3D cotton textiles are generating incremental opportunities for manufacturers. However, cotton is notorious for excessive freshwater consumption, thus creating a stress on natural resources. Hence, manufacturers should increase their efficacy in alternative cotton materials such as hemp, lotus, and nettles to prevent the exploitation of natural resources. Since sustainability and circular economy are raising the bar for new industry standards in the market, companies should increase R&D in energy-efficient production practices.
Home Textile Products Market: Overview
- Home textile products are natural or artificial flexible fabrics designed for home furnishing and decoration. Apart from decorative applications, home textile products can be used across various functions such as carpeting, as window shades, towels, and table & bed coverings. Fabric blending is done in some instances to enhance the durability of home textile products. Usually, these textiles are produced by knitting, weaving, knotting, crocheting, and pressing fiber together.
Home Textile Products Market: Regional Overview
- Asia Pacific is the largest market accounting for ~40% of the total revenue. Europe was the second largest market in the global home textile industry in 2018. It generates around 26% of the total home textile revenue globally. Strong product innovation among manufacturers with new designs in home textile products are expected to boost the market during the forecast period. In addition, penetration of creative products across the globe, found to be attractive among users, is influencing the overall growth of the home textile products market.
Home Textile Products: Market Trends
- Environmentally sustainable home textile products over the year have become increasingly attractive as a business strategy. Manufacturers across the supply chain have been seen offering more sustainable and eco-friendly products made of natural fibers, which in principle are more sustainable than synthetic fibers.
- Consumers belonging to the affluent class have promoted refined taste in terms of quality and design, with price being no constraint, whereas mid and economy segment consumers offer huge volumes for reasonably priced products
Home Textile Products Market: Drivers and Opportunities
- The global consumption of home textile products is expected to experience continuous growth, and the expansion of home furnishings is believed to be associated with the overall health of the economy. Higher disposable incomes are expected to translate to much higher spending on home textiles. Brands and retailers have a role in making furnishings a style statement, which can ensure consistency in demand.
- Domestic e-Commerce retailers such as Amazon, Walmart, Ikea, and Snapdeal have grown massively in the past five years and are expanding at ~19% annually
- These e-Commerce platforms not only offer a common and easy access to market place, but have introduced their private labels for home textile products. These private labels offer economical curtains, bed linen, table linen, and blankets, which has helped to expand the domestic market worldwide.
- The increase in both exports and domestic demand provides manufacturers with an opportunity to balance both, and maximize their profit margins
Home Textile Products Market: Key Segments
- The global home textile products market has been segmented based on product, material, distribution channel, end use, woven fabric type, and region
- In terms of product type, the global home textile products market has been divided into window coverings (curtains, blinds [roller blinds, venetian blinds, and others], sun filters, and drapes), upholstery fabric, bed linen (bed sheets, bed spreads, pillows & pillow covers, and others), table linen (runners, table skirting, table mats, and others), bathroom linen (bath towels, bath mats, face towels, and others), and others
- On the basis of material, the global market has been classified into natural, synthetic, and blended
- According to distribution channel, the global home textile products market has been divided into online (e-Commerce websites and company websites) and offline (supermarkets/hypermarkets, specialty stores, and retail stores)
- Based on end use, the market has been classified into residential, commercial (hotels/resorts, offices, shops, and others), and contract sectors
- On the basis of woven fabric type, the market has been classified into buckram fabric, casement fabric, georgette fabric, sheeting fabric, and others
- Based on region, the global home textile products market has been divided into North America (U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America), Europe (U.K., France, Germany, and Rest of Europe), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, and Rest of Asia Pacific), Middle East & Africa (GCC, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa), and South America (Brazil and Rest of South America)
Home Textile Products Market: Competition Landscape
- The global home textile products market is highly competitive with the presence of several global and regional players. Companies are investing in product innovation to increase their customer base. Furthermore, large number of manufacturers are engaging with local manufacturers and distributors to increase their presence or reach in different parts of the globe.
- Some of the key players operating in the home textile products market are
- Arvind Limited
- Beyond Textiles Pvt. Ltd.
- Evezary Co., Ltd.
- Franco Manufacturing Company, Inc.
- GHCL Limited
- Loftex China, LTD.
- Luolai Home Textile
- Mehera Shaw
- Trident Group
- Welspun Group
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]