Mission-critical Projects in Healthcare Sector Create Business Avenues amidst COVID-19 Outbreak
Negative ramifications of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic have affected business activities in the high resistivity silicon wafers market. As such, manufacturers are catering to mission-critical projects in the healthcare and telecommunications applications to fuel market growth. China being the manufacturing hub for consumer electronics, has affected economic activities worldwide. However, the pandemic has subsided in China and has created business opportunities for companies in the high resistivity silicon wafers market.
Manufacturers are adopting contingency plans due to volatile demand and supply of products. They are anticipating market revival beginning of 2021, since the global market is experiencing a demand shortage of electronic products. Since electronic products do not fall in the category of essential services, manufacturers are establishing trade activities in Japan, South Korea, and Australia where the pandemic has significantly subsided.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the High Resistivity Silicon Wafers Market
Strategic Collaborations Increase Smartphone Offerings in Mass Market
The proliferation of 4G and 5G technologies in the telecommunications sector is creating value-grab opportunities for companies in the high resistivity silicon wafers market. Soitec— a manufacturer of innovative semiconductor materials has joined forces with Qualcomm Technologies— a semiconductor company based in San Diego, to boost the supply of piezoelectric-on-insulator (POI) engineered substrates for 4G and 5G RF (Radio Frequency) filters.
Companies in the high resistivity silicon wafers market are ramping up their production for POI substrates in order to develop RF filters for smartphones. Such business activities are contributing toward the growth of the market, which is estimated to reach the value of US$ 337.6 Mn by 2030. Since high resistivity silicon wafers form as the foundation of RF filters, smartphone manufacturers are able to increase their product offerings in the mass market.
Customized Silicon Wafers Address Issues in High Frequency Range Applications
The high resistivity silicon wafers market is slated to expand at a robust CAGR of 8% during the forecast period. However, many semiconductor devices respond poorly in high frequency range. Hence, manufacturers are offering customized high resistivity silicon wafers to end users in order to resolve issues pertaining to high frequency range applications. For instance, Wafer World— a supplier of silicon wafers to companies, laboratories, and educational institutions, is increasing its output capabilities to provide high-quality silicon wafers suitable for high frequency range.
High quality resistivity silicon wafers are being used for the integration of complex and readily build-up microelectronic circuits. Companies in the high resistivity silicon wafers market are increasing their production in single side polished and silicon on insulator wafers. Okmetic— a supplier of silicon wafers for MEMS (micro-electromechanical systems) manufacturing is offering customized solutions to clients with the help of innovative product development.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Silicon on Insulator Wafers Acquire Prominence in MEMS Manufacturing and Pressure Sensors
The demanding sensor applications have fueled the need for high resistivity silicon wafers. Apart from sensors, manufacturers in the high resistivity silicon wafers market are tapping into incremental opportunities in MEMS manufacturing. In order to boost their credibility credentials, companies are establishing flexible supply chains and increasing their product portfolio in silicon wafers. They are increasing their R&D capabilities to gain expertise in silicon on insulator wafer production.
The high-tech expertise in high resistivity silicon wafers is benefitting stakeholders in the security systems and power electronics industries. Manufacturers in the high resistivity silicon wafers market are boosting their output capacities in silicon on insulator wafers that are being extensively used in silicon microphones, fluidic components, and pressure sensors, among others.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on High Resistivity Silicon Wafers Market
High Resistivity Silicon Wafers Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global high resistivity silicon wafers market for the historical period 2018–2019 and the forecast period 2020–2030, demand for silicon on insulator is on the rise around the globe due to its increasing use in Microelectromechanical Systems (MEMS) and advanced complementary metal–oxide–semiconductor (CMOS) integrated circuit fabrication, as it reduces power and heat while increasing the speed performance of a device. This is expected to boost the global high resistivity silicon wafers market during the forecast period. Moreover, demand for power semiconductors is increasing in the power electronics field around the globe, as it is increasingly used in switch or rectifier applications, which is anticipated to drive the growth of the global high resistivity silicon wafers market.
- In terms of revenue, the global high resistivity silicon wafers market is estimated to reach value of US$ 337.6 Mn by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of 8% during the forecast period
Rising Demand for High Resistivity Silicon Wafers in Consumer Electronics Devices: A Key Driver
- High resistivity silicon wafers are extensively used in consumer electronics devices such as smartphones, smart watches, tablets, and smart TVs to enhance their performance and accuracy
- Continuous development in technology leads to the development of consumer electronic products enabled with infrared detector and sensors to operate devices conveniently
- As the need for IR applications grows, manufacturers have begun to utilize appropriate IR materials in the design of plano-optics as per the requirement of applications
- Furthermore, demand for IR detectors is increasing with growing safety and security concerns in hotels, hospitals, offices, and airports among others, which is anticipated to surge the demand for high resistivity silicon wafers
- Thus, increase in adoption of consumer electronic devices is expected to drive the growth of the global high resistivity silicon wafers market during the forecast period
Development of Advanced Materials for 5G Related Products: Latest Market Trend
- In recent decades, the semiconductor industry has undergone multiple changes; among these, miniaturization in semiconductor technology has made a significant contribution to the success of modern electronics in many fields
- Multiple manufacturers are engaged in production of many technologically advanced materials that can be used to enhance the performance of semiconductor and electronic devices
- For instance, in December 2019, Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd., developed a Quartz Cloth and a Thermoset Ultra-low Dielectric Resin, ideal for printed circuit boards, IC substrates, electronic devices, and antennas that will be used in 5G high-frequency communication
- Thus, rise in use of newly developed advanced materials for 5G-related products has spurred the demand for high resistivity silicon wafers, which is expected to bolster the growth of the high resistivity silicon wafers market during the forecast period
Limitation of FZ Wafer Technology up to 200 mm Size: Major Challenge of High Resistivity Silicon Wafers Market
- High resistivity silicon substrates are crucial to improve signal isolation and minimize substrate cross-talk in radio frequency
- Availability of large diameter size is helpful to manufacture large amounts of semiconductor and power devices at a low manufacturing cost
- In high resistivity silicon wafers, float zone (FZ) silicon wafers are generally not greater than 200mm (8”) due to the surface tension limitations during growth and thus not suitable for modern CMOS processing where the standard wafer diameter is 12’’
- However, with continuous technological advancement, this limitation is expected to be resolved, which will help to produce power devices and detector/sensor products at a lower cost
- Thus, this factor is projected to have a moderately negative impact on the global high resistivity silicon wafers market during the forecast period
High Resistivity Silicon Wafers Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of high resistivity silicon wafers have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global high resistivity silicon wafers market are
- GlobalWafers Co., Ltd. (Topsil)
- Semiconductor Wafer Inc.
- Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Sil’tronix ST
- Siltronic AG
- Sumco Corporation
- Wafer Works Corporation
Request For Customization:
High Resistivity Silicon Wafers Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of high resistivity silicon wafers, such as
- Siltronic AG, Okmetic, Sil’tronix ST, and GlobalWafers Co., Ltd. are focusing on the development of innovative and reliable high resistivity silicon wafers. Some other key developments in the global high resistivity silicon wafers market are as follows:
- In June 2020, Siltronic AG was awarded the Supplier Excellence Award by Texas Instruments for its prominent performance in the areas of technology, cost, environmental and social responsibility, delivery reliability, and quality
- In 2019, Okmetic developed a fully in-house C-SOI manufacturing plant in Vantaa, Finland
- In March 2017, Sil’tronix ST developed highly boron-doped wafers, a new manufacturing process to handle the whole production process for P++ silicon wafers (resistivity closed to 1mΩ.cm). This process is helpful to control and set the precise value of the resistivity level.
- In August 2016, GlobalWafers Co., Ltd. and SunEdison Semiconductor entered into a definitive agreement for the acquisition by GlobalWafers Co., Ltd. valued at US$ 683 Mn
- In the report on the global high resistivity silicon wafers market, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of high resistivity silicon wafers. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global high resistivity silicon wafers market.
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]