Hedgehog Pathway Inhibitors Market: Introduction
- Hedgehog proteins consist of a group of proteins that regulate cell differentiation, growth, and survival. These proteins are involved in organogenesis and have shown to promote adult stem cell proliferation. Incorrect activation of the hedgehog signaling pathways has been associated with the development of numerous types of cancer including breast, lung, prostate, pancreas, skin, and brain.
- Hedgehog pathway inhibitors are a comparatively new class of therapeutic agents that target the proteins involved in the regulation of hedgehog pathway
- In December 2018, Glasdegib, the first hedgehog pathway inhibitor drug, was approved for the treatment of acute myeloid leukemia (AML) patients. The drug was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as once-daily oral medicine to be used in combination with low-dose cytarabine. Glasdegib is sold under the brand name Daurismo.
Request Brochure for Report – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=77835
Key Drivers of Global Hedgehog Pathway Inhibitors Market
- Increase in the risk factors associated with basal cell carcinoma (BCC) and acute myeloid leukemia (AML) is projected to drive the global hedgehog pathway inhibitors market
- Risk factors associated with the development of basal cell carcinoma and acute myeloid leukemia are chronic infections, history of skin cancer, exposure to certain chemicals, skin inflammations, smoking, and exposure to UV rays. These risk factors increase the prevalence and incidence of basal cell carcinoma and acute myeloid leukemia. This in turn is anticipated to fuel the growth of the global hedgehog pathway inhibitors market during the forecast period.
Request for Analysis of COVID19 Impact on Hedgehog Pathway Inhibitors Market –
Basal Cell Carcinoma Segment to Account for Major Share of Global Hedgehog Pathway Inhibitors Market
- In terms of application, the global hedgehog pathway inhibitors market can be divided into basal cell carcinoma, acute myeloid leukemia, and others
- The basal cell carcinoma segment is expected to dominate the global hedgehog pathway inhibitors market during the forecast period
- High prevalence rate of basal cell carcinoma is likely to drive the segment from 2020 to 2030
- According to the American Cancer Society (ACS), an estimated 5.4 million people are diagnosed with squamous and basal cell skin cancer globally each year, of these 3.3 million people suffer from squamous cell skin cancer and about 80% of the population suffers from basal cell carcinoma.
Pre book Market Report –
Retail Pharmacies to be Highly Attractive Segment
- Based on distribution channel, the global hedgehog pathway inhibitors market can be classified into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and others
- The retail pharmacies segment is likely to account for major share of the global hedgehog pathway inhibitors market by 2030
- The segment’s dominance can be attributed to large number of drugs sold through retail pharmacies
North America to Dominate Global Hedgehog Pathway Inhibitors Market
- In terms of region, the global hedgehog pathway inhibitors market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period. High prevalence of basal cell carcinoma & acute myeloid leukemia and new product approvals are anticipated to drive the hedgehog pathway inhibitors market in the region during the forecast period.
Ask for Discount :
Key Players Operating in Global Hedgehog Pathway Inhibitors Market
The global hedgehog pathway inhibitors market is consolidated, with the presence of small number of international players accounting for majority share of the market. Key players operating in the global hedgehog pathway inhibitors market are:
- Mayne Pharma Group Ltd.
- PellePharm, Inc.
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Inhibitor Therapeutics, Inc.
- MAX BioPharma, Inc.
Browse more Market Reports:
Electronic Stethoscope Market:
Wearable Injectors Market:
Veterinary Biologics Market:
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for several decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts so that it always reflects latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453