- Personal protection equipment (PPE) is a type of clothing or equipment worn by healthcare personnel for protection against various infections. It acts as a barrier between infectious agents or body fluids and the healthcare worker.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) issues workplace health and safety regulations while the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) suggests when and how to use PPE
- Different PPE have diverse motives and safeguards various parts of the body. The current Covid-19 virus around the world is expected to fuel the demand for PPE during the forecast period.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of the Global Healthcare PPE Market
- Demand for healthcare services is rising around the world due to an increase in population, chronic illness, and accidents. Affordable health care plans offered by governments of various countries provides increased access to healthcare services. Population of baby boomers that are likely to seek medical assistance is also increasing. Rise in number of patients fuels the risk of healthcare workers getting infected and hence, PPEs are extensively utilized in the healthcare segment.
- The recent outbreak of coronavirus has significantly propelled the demand for PPE globally. All countries across the globe are experiencing a shortage of PPE, and their demand is at an all-time high. Increase in number of surgical procedures around the world is expected to drive the global healthcare PPE market during the forecast period.
- Significant gap between demand and supply is estimated to offer considerable opportunities for manufacturers to enter the market. Several countries have utilized their emergency resources and are projected to replenish their stocks during the forecast period, which is likely to offer a significant opportunity to manufacturers during the forecast period.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Healthcare PPE Market, Request for a Sample
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of the Global Healthcare PPE Market
- In terms of geography, the global healthcare PPE market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the global market due to growth and developments in the home care segment, smart hospitals, and medical tourism
- In terms of share of the global market, Asia Pacific is expected to be followed by North America, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and South America. The Covid-19 pandemic is expected to boost the healthcare PPE market across the globe during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Major players operating in the global healthcare PPE market include:
- Baxter International Inc.BD
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Dentsply Sirona, Inc.
- DePuy Synthes, Inc.
- Derekduck Industry Corp.
- Ethicon, Inc.
- Stryker Corporation
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Healthcare PPE Market: Research Scope
Global Healthcare PPE Market, by Product Type
- Mask & Respirators
- Face Mask
- Others (P100, etc.)
- Half Face Respirator
- Full Face Respirator
- Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR)
- Face Mask
- Surgical Clothing
- Lab Coats
- Face Shield
- Others (Shoe Cover, etc.)
Global Healthcare PPE Market, by End-use
- Hospitals & Medical Centers
- Nursing Homes & Rehabilitative Centers
- Ambulance Service Providers
- Life Science
Global Healthcare PPE Market, by Distribution Channel
- E – commerce Websites
- Company Websites
- Supermarkets / Hypermarkets
- Specialty Stores
- Retail Stores
Read Our Latest Press Release: