Typically, hair straighteners are used to straighten curly or curly hair and create not only shiny hair, but also beautifully falling waves or really straight hair.
For curly hair that cannot be turned into a silky, shiny and smooth splendor with straightening irons. The market has so-called hair straighteners to offer. These products contain chemicals that break the disulfide bonds present in the hair cortex. Subsequently, the fixings are smoothed and finally “restored”. The cortical layer of the hair is located under the so-called cuticle layer and consists mainly of fiber bundles made up of proteins. Chemical straighteners apply exactly to these. In general, these cosmetics contain chemicals such as sodium thioglycolate, ammonium thioglycolate and sodium hydroxide.
The more the frizzy hair is frizzy, the stronger the combination of chemicals must break the cortex of the hair and modify its structure.
For the straightening of very curly hair, a strong chemical mixture is therefore necessary, because it must break the cortex and modify the structure of the hair. Since the chemical mixture must be able to penetrate the layer of film used to protect the cortex, we can assume that it is not only a mixture with strong effect, but also a chemical mixture with side effects. Common side effects include hair drying, hair breakage, embrittlement, or hair loss.
It should also be noted that the three main ingredients of these products mentioned above can irritate the skin and cause irritation of the scalp. Typical symptoms are itching and burning, redness of the skin, and temporary lightening of the skin. In the worst case, the scalp can be burned. For these reasons, hair straighteners should always be used with care. Another problem is that some hair straighteners also contain formaldehyde. Everything you need to know about hair straighteners containing this substance.
If you want to use hair straighteners despite all the risks and dangers for your scalp and hair, you should consider specific aspects:
- Read the manufacturer’s instructions carefully and follow them.
- Apply hair straighteners only if you have a healthy scalp. If you have problems with your scalp, such as dandruff or dryness, you should resolve them before using hair straighteners.
- Under no circumstances apply straighteners to freshly washed hair, as natural fats protect the scalp from damage caused by chemicals.
- If you already have straight hair, don’t straighten it again! Avoid overlapping in this regard!
- Try to minimize direct contact between the scalp and the straighteners by applying a protective layer to create a barrier between chemicals and the skin.
- After using hair straighteners, you should wash your hair thoroughly with a moisturizing shampoo and, if necessary, apply a moisturizing treatment to keep your hair strong and healthy and looking good.
GHD Hair Straightener
The GHD straighteners are remarkably effective when it comes to straightening hair. If you decide to get them, you should know some basic rules, essential for their maintenance in order to use them wisely. In this article, we will explain how to do it with the help of “the buyers trend”. You may visit “the buyers trend” as well to learn more about the top hair straighteners like GHD.
How to clean GHD straightener?
First of all, you should know that it is not forbidden to associate the use of its GHD straightener with other styling products such as care and styling, but this use must be done by respecting certain rules. For example, when using the care (conditioner, serum), you should rinse your hair thoroughly and dry it properly before passing the straightener over it.
Regarding styling, know that it is highly inadvisable to pass your style over already lacquered hair because in addition to damaging it. It makes the straightener ineffective by creating small residues on its plates.
To prevent build-up of deposits that can damage plaques, it is important to take care of your hair straightener by cleaning it well. To do this, allow it to cool after use. Then take a small damp cloth and carefully wipe it over the plates to remove the residue, and then install it comfortably in its pouch.
The damp cloth used during cleaning removes any excess product and keeps the plates spotless.
Our Advice to Protect Your Ghd Straightener
Created with cutting-edge technology, the GHD brand straighteners require meticulous maintenance. To take care of it properly, it is advisable to strictly observe the following instructions:
- Regularly wipe your straightener after use with a soft, slightly damp cloth
- Let your GHD styler cool down before storing it in its case
- Avoid touching the plates when they are hot
- Always have the reflex to turn off your straightener and unplug it after use
- Do not hang your straightener by its cord, or put hot plates in contact with fabrics or plastic materials
- Avoid leaving your GHD styler unattended.
- Never use your straightener when you are in a bathroom, above a sink
To protect your scalp, I recommend using the thermo protective spray because it is very effective. Also, note that styling products and sprays should not be placed next to your straightening iron. Do not take the risk of spraying liquid directly on it.
The GHD straighteners are no longer to be presented when we talk about performing flat irons. Ergonomic and practical, they require special maintenance, which will allow them to extend their lifespan and increase their performance.