Global Functional Water Market: Overview
Functional water products are beverages – non-alcoholic, aquaceutical. Often infused with additional ingredients that provide health benefits, the products are witnessing an increase in demand. As per Transparency Market Research, from 2020 to 2030, the global functional water market would grow at a steady rate, creating a number of interesting opportunities.
It is pertinent to note here that there are broadly two main ‘families’ of functional water – that based on mineral water which has a herb or fruit extract added to it to give certain health benefits, such as an immunity boost, added electrolytes, improved pH balance, antioxidants etc, and that based on water, which is altered at the molecular level with the help of electrochemical processes to give it extra health benefits, such as better hydration, better oxygenation, quicker regeneration of muscle tissue, etc.
Functional water is witnessing increase in demand in an increasingly health conscious world that tries to extract maximum benefits from its scarcely available resources. Since the world population has steadily moved away from rural, natural environments to an urban setting, growing demand for fortified beverages is only a natural outcome.
Request PDF brochure
Global Functional Water Market: Notable Development
The Functional Water market is moderately concentrated with a number of major players holding a high share of the market, along with a slew of domestic players offering these services in the local market.
These companies are opting for new and more effective marketing strategies to stay ahead in the functional water market. Some notable developments seen recently which point in this direction are-
- In February 2019, The Coca-Cola Co. added two new additions (Smartwater alkaline and Smartwater antioxidant) to its Smartwater brand, to increase awareness and demand for functional water.
Leading players in the functional water market are-
- Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc.
- Nestle S.A.
- The Coca-Cola Company
- Groupe Danone
- Hint Water
- New York Spring Water
- Balance Water Company
- Sunny Delight Beverages Company.
More Trending Reports
Global Functional Water Market: Key Drivers and Trends
The notable increase in demand for fortified beverages anticipated over the forecast period is set to be an outcome of various trends and drivers such as:
- Growing demand for function foods. Millennial populace wants a holistic mix of halth and taste. Inclusion of essential ingredients, such as protein, amino acids, vitamins, and minerals in functional water products is therefore luring this demographic to functional water.
- The increase in obese and diabetic populations in the United States, China, India, Australia, and the United Kingdom, among others, has shifted the focus from carbonated soft drinks to fortified, bottled water in the recent past.
- As per a study by Container Recycling Institute, Americans bought huge volumes of plastic water bottles in 2010 – 42.6 billion plastic. It is a steep rise from 35.5 billion in 200. Understandably, the functional water market is already seeing a steady growth in the future.
Request enquiry before buying
Global Functional Water Market: Regional Analysis
The escalating demand for bottled water in the U.S. is contributing massively to growth in functional water market in the North American region. The sales of bottled water have recently surpassed those of soft drinks in the United States and the bottled water sector is thus a leading horse prompting companies to invest and expand their functional offerings.
The functional water market in Asia Pacific is also set to experience significant growth rate as consumers are becoming increasingly aware of the benefits of functional, bottled water. Consumers look for alternatives to carbonated soft drinks (CSDs) and the innovation in flavor is driving the bottled water category’s success.
Request for custom research
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through adhoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
TMR believes that unison of solutions for clients-specific problems with right methodology of research is the key to help enterprises reach right decision.
US Office Contact
90 State Street, Suit e 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]