EU Standards for Energy Efficiency Support GaN Tech During COVID-19 Pandemic
The year 2020 is being known as the year of GaN-based adapters and chargers. Work-from-home protocols have created revenue streams for companies in the GaN-based power supply adapter market. Manufacturers are seen to create new models of adapters and chargers for handheld gaming devices, tablets, and phones. It is expected that 2021 will witness the rise of multi-port adapters.
GaN semiconductors are gaining prominence in consumer electronics. Stakeholders in the GaN-based power supply adapter market are witnessing a renewed and reenergized need for GaN (gallium nitride) technology in electric vehicle (EV) design labs. Support from the European Union (EU) for policy standards pertaining to energy efficiency in data centers is translating into revenue opportunities for stakeholders.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the GaN-based Power Supply Adapter Market https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=81470
High Cost, Vulnerable Safety Protocols in GaN Chargers Inhibit Market Growth
The GaN-based power supply adapter market is predicted to reach the value of US$ 3 Bn by 2030. However, technology concerns in GaN chargers are inhibiting market growth. For instance, the 65W GaN charger by Chinese tech giant Xiomi has been suspended from online and offline stores due to security vulnerability, since the chip is unencrypted and potentially open to attackers. Companies in the GaN-based power supply adapter market are taking cues from such companies to increase R&D for reliable and encrypted chargers.
The high cost of GaN chargers is another disadvantage for consumer, which is affecting the growth of the GaN-based power supply adapter market. Processes such as high temperature heating of metal gallium and other specific processing conditions tend to increase its manufacturing cost, resulting in an expensive final product. Hence, tech providers are increasing awareness about the small size, safety, and high efficiency of GaN chargers as compared to other chargers including silicon to offset the former’s disadvantages.
Lightweight, Fast Charging Capabilities in Adapters Being Highly Preferred
Companies in the GaN-based power supply adapter market are increasing the availability of lightweight adapters. The Philips 65W-USB charger is gaining popularity for replacing big, chunky, and heavy adapters, and flexibility in a mobile society. Manufacturers in the GaN-based power supply adapter market are increasing efforts to meet fast charging requirements of consumers. Such trends are expected to drive the market at the modest CAGR of 5.5% during the forecast period.
Dual Port Charging Gains Popularity in Next-gen GaN Power Semiconductor Technology
Stakeholders in the GaN-based power supply adapter market, such as Navitas Semiconductor has announced that Dell Technologies has adopted its GaN technology to enable fast laptop charging. Manufacturers are increasing their production capabilities in the 90W adapter series with dual ports that simultaneously charge a laptop and a smartphone. Such trends are publicizing GaN as a next-gen power semiconductor technology that facilitates dramatic improvements in energy savings and power density.
The increasing number of consumers are expecting innovation, performance, and quality from fast charging GaN-based power supply adapters. Hence, manufacturers are increasing the availability of low weight, compact, and cool operations in adapters.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on GaN-based Power Supply Adapter Market https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=CR&rep_id=81470
Performance, Reliability Reviews Ensure Successful Adapter Launches
Unique adapter designs and technologies are storming the GaN-based power supply adapter market. The ADG 100W GaN 9-in-1 power hub with fast charging capabilities and USB-C hub functions are creating revenue opportunities for manufacturers. Companies are investing in R&D to develop multi-port adapters that can charge several electronic devices simultaneously such as keyboards, laptops, flash drives, and other devices.
Companies in the GaN-based power supply adapter market are innovating in foldable US plugs compatible with AU, EU, and the U.K. universal travel adapters, which contribute toward a global mobile society. They are conducting rigorous technology, performance, and reliability reviews to ensure safe and successful adapter launches. C-end consumer electronics and the influx of 5G hold promising potentials for market growth.
GaN-based Power Supply Adapter Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global GaN based power supply adapter market for the historical period 2018–2019 and the forecast period 2020–2030, increasing demand for energy-efficient power supply devices and rising usage of GaN powered devices in the global market are factors expected to boost the global GaN-based power supply adapter market during the forecast period. However, some factors also hamper the growth of the GaN-based power supply adapter market. These include complexity and cost associated with the production process of GaN-based power supply adapters.
- In terms of revenue, the global GaN-based power supply adapter market is estimated to exceed the value of US$ 3 Bn by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of 5.5% during the forecast period
Increase in Demand for Energy-efficient Power Supply Devices: A Key Driver of GaN-based Power Supply Adapter Market
- Although nearly all home electronic products and office equipment plug directly into wall outlets and draw 120 volts of alternating current (AC), most of their circuitry is designed to operate at a much lower voltage of direct current (DC). The devices that perform that conversion are called power supply adapters.
- According to studies, on an average, most homes have 5 to 10 devices that use power supply adapters, such as cordless phones, mobile phones, and answering machines, hair dryers, and various other products. All these equipment can now be used with the GaN based power supply adapters.
- Internal power supplies are more prevalent in devices that have greater power requirements, typically more than 15 watts. Such devices include computers, televisions, office copiers, and stereo components. Most internal power supply models use somewhat more efficient designs called switching or switch-mode power supplies.
- As per the demand of customers, manufacturers are designing power supply devices that confirm energy efficiencies of 50% to 90%, yielding wide variations in power use among similar products. These GaN-based power adapters have improved efficiency, decreased size, and reduced weight.
- Hence, the increasing demand for energy-efficient power supply devices has a positive impact on the GaN-based power supply adapter market and the impact is expected to be high during the forecast period
US Office Contact
90 State Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453