Global Friction Stir Welding Equipment Market: Introduction
- Friction stir welding (FSW) is a solid-state joining procedure. This process is used for joining two confronting work pieces, without melting the work piece material.
- Friction generates heat between the rotating device and the work piece material and it creates a softened area near the FSW tool. Then, it mechanically intermixes the two metal work pieces.
- Friction stir welding equipment are primarily used on created or expelled aluminum and especially for structures that need extremely high welding quality
Want to know the obstructions to your company’s growth in future? Request a brochure @ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=73214
Global Friction Stir Welding Equipment Market: Dynamics
- Increasing use of friction stir welding equipment in the industrial sector has augmented the friction stir welding equipment market
- The automotive industry is one of the major end-users of friction stir welding equipment. With the increasing demand for vehicles across the world, the automotive industry is extensively adopting friction stir welding equipment for use in the aluminum welding process. This process imparts improved mechanical features to the end-product such as improved process strength, obstruction to rigidity and weariness.
- Friction stir welding equipment offer several other advantages such as low impact on the environment, operating cost advantages, and limited impact on health. This drives the use of friction stir welding equipment in various joining and material-processing applications.
- However, lack of skilled and qualified workforce and improper training of users are expected to hamper the global friction stir welding equipment market in the next few years
- Growth of downstream industries and uncertainties in the global economy are expected to limit the consumption of friction stir welding equipment in the near future, thereby hampering the global market in the next few years
Global Friction Stir Welding Equipment Market: Segmentation
- Based on product, the global friction stir welding equipment market can be divided into desktop equipment, gantry equipment, and others
- Based on end-user, the global friction stir welding equipment market can be segmented into automotive, railways, aerospace, shipbuilding, and others
- The automotive segment accounted for a major share of the global friction stir welding equipment market in 2018, due to widespread use of aluminum welding machines in the industry. The segment is anticipated to gain higher market share and maintain its leading position in the global friction stir welding equipment market during the forecast period.
North America to Lead Global Market for Friction Stir Welding Equipment
- In terms of region, the global friction stir welding equipment market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is likely to dominate the global market for friction stir welding equipment from 2019 to 2027, followed by Europe and Asia Pacific. Intense competition among vendors, rising demand from the electronics sector, and launch of new products in North America are some of the key factors likely to drive the friction stir welding equipment market in the region in the next few years.
- Europe accounted for a considerable share of the global friction stir welding equipment market in 2018, due to advancements in technology in the region
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global friction stir welding equipment market was moderately fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Colfax Corporation
- Hitachi High-Technologies Corporation
- Beijing FSW Technology Co, Ltd
- KUKA Systems GmbH
- The ESAB Group, Inc.
- Norsk Hydro ASA
- Schlumberger Limited