Work-related injuries are on the rise. Over a million workers receive emergency care every year due to hand injuries. Most of the injuries could have been prevented if employees wore the right gloves. To avoid days off and ensure that the organization upholds the correct safety regulations, it is crucial to get work gloves for employees. Here is the manufacturer of work gloves – Everprogloves will help you answer your questions
So What Are Work Gloves?
Work gloves are also known as safety gloves and they are a piece of personal protective equipment. Employees wear them to protect their hands from all types of work-related injuries. The gloves provide protection from chemicals, disease, burns, splinters, blisters, bruises, cuts, abrasion, and amputations. Studies reveal that workers that wear gloves are less likely to suffer from hand injuries by as much as 60 percent.
So Who Wears Work Gloves?
The best thing about work gloves is the fact that they suit a wide range of workers. They are designed to be used for various construction requirements. Thus, the gloves provide different functionality to the wearer. Medical personnel, farmers, industrial workers, manufacturing workers, welders, and loggers are just a few of the professionals that can benefit from them.
What Injuries Can Be Avoided Upon Wearing Work Gloves?
The following injuries can be easily avoided by wearing safety gloves and handling materials with care.
- Injuries from needle sticks.
- Loss of skin, nail, and finger.
- Biological agents such as viruses and bacteria.
- Extreme cold or heat.
- Hazardous substances which absorb into the skin or cause irritation.
- Chemical and heat burns.
- Scrapes and cuts.
- Puncture wounds.
Why Should the Right Gloves Be Selected?
Nothing is more important that employee safety. To ensure that the workers are safe, it is crucial that they wear the proper gloves. There are different types of gloves. Each type is designed for a specific industry. Hence, it is vital to choose gloves based on your industry and job requirements. The wrong gloves would not protect employees from potential hazards. However, there are certain factors that can be taken into account to select the right safety gloves. These are mentioned below.
- Good fit
- Duration for wearing the gloves
- How often employees would need to wear the gloves
- How significant is the risk of exposure of each hazard
- The level of manual dexterity required for performing each task
- How would employees use their hands for performing the tasks
- The handling applications i.e. what the gloves would be used for
The above should be considered before looking for gloves.
Types of Safety Gloves
There are different types of safety gloves as mentioned above. The most popular types are mentioned below.
- Insulated rubber gloves
- Chemical and liquid resistant gloves
- Coated and fabric made gloves
- Durable work gloves that are made of canvas, leather, or metal mesh
Once you have gone over this post, you will have an idea about why work gloves are needed and the different considerations when purchasing them.