Rapid Growing Adoption of Real-Time Devices in Construction Sector
- The UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles) or drones can play a key role in monitoring and analyzing of construction activities, wherein they can considerably improve and enhance the performance and speed of operations. Drones can be potentially employed at a number of stages in a construction project such as pre-planning, construction process monitoring, detailed survey and mapping of the construction site, and post-build checks.
- Likewise, drones can also perform as real-time devices for developers to monitor if their construction project is compatible to their concept or not. Additionally, the information obtained through drones can help planners and construction companies to plan out the entire construction site and keep a track of their inventory. This is anticipated to increase the adoption of drone-based solutions in construction market in near future.
Get Sample [email protected]:
Key Drivers of Drone-based Solutions in Construction Market
- Increasing focus on investments in the construction sector is influencing the adoption of technological innovations and increasing pace of the global drone-based solutions in construction market. For instance, the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways of the Government of India invested around US$ 77 Bn in construction schemes in 2017. Additionally, the U.K. Government has announced to invest nearly US$ 510.68 Mn in innovative construction technologies to boost house-building productivity of the country. This is likely to contribute in the growth of drone-based solutions in construction market.
- These investments would help the construction sector to adopt drones or unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) with the help of cameras and sensors. Drones or unmanned aerial vehicles have emerged as a cost-efficient solution for constructors to obtain accurate real-time data through 3D mapping. Thus, rapidly increasing investments in the construction sector are augmenting the adoption of drone-based solutions across the global construction sector.
Limited drone operation bandwidth restraining the drone-based solutions in construction market
- Drones usually require wireless connectivity for communication between drones and ground control systems as well as between drones and air traffic management systems to capture appropriate data. Thus, lack of connectivity or limited bandwidth connection can hamper the efficiency of drones. Limited drone operation bandwidth is a major factor restraining the global drone-based solutions in construction market.
To get glimpse of what our report offers, ask for a report brochure
Europe to Hold a Major Share of Global Drone-based Solutions in Construction Market
- In terms of region, the global drone-based solutions in construction market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe is expected to hold a major share of the global drone-based solutions in construction market during the forecast period, as the region is witnessing rapid technological advancements in drones and deployment of drones with features such as hyperspectral and thermal sensors to capture the view from drones
- On the other hand, Asia Pacific is expected to be a rapidly expanding region of the global drone-based solutions in construction market, due to increasing investments in infrastructure development in the region. China and India are key markets for drone-based solutions for construction in the region.
Global Drone-based Solutions in Construction Market: Competition Landscape
- In February 2018, Identified Technologies introduced its new drone mapping analytics features for use in various industry verticals such as mining, construction, and energy. These new features include haul road analysis, slops maps, plan IQ camera view, and enterprise site permission.
- In June 2018, DroneDeploy raised US$ 25 Mn in a Series-C round of funding to help drone operators capture and analyze aerial data for use in construction, mining, agriculture, and insurance sectors
- In August 2017, 3D Robotics signed a partnership agreement with DJI Drones (a China-based technology company) to focus on enterprise software with an aim to help construction and engineering sectors manage their building sites and operations. The partnership would help the company expand its product portfolio and gain a market share in the Asia Pacific market.
To get a bird’s eye view of market forecast, ask for a Custom Report
Key Players Operating in Global Drone-Based Solutions in Construction Market:
- Identified Technologies
Founded in 2013 and headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, the U.S., Identified Technologies is specialized in providing commercial drone solutions to various industries includes mining, construction, and energy. The company also empowers ENR–400 and Fortune–500 companies such as Vulcan, EQT, and PJ Dick, with the capability to deliver a new level of transparency for challenging project management responsibilities. The company offers drone-based solutions for construction sector as well.
- 3D Robotics
Established in 2009 and based in Berkeley, California, the U.S., 3D Robotics designs, develops, manufactures, and supplies parts and technology for use in unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs). The company also offers GPS, servos, sensors and IMUs, R/C electronics, and cables and connectors. It provides its solutions to various industries such as construction, civil engineering, and mining.
Incorporated in 2013 and located in San Francisco, California, the U.S., DroneDeploy is a key provider of cloud-control software solutions for drones such as real-time mapping and data processing, automated workflows, and flight safety checks. The company also provides a mobile app connected with DJI drones, enabling them to capture aeronautical data from the skies. The company provides its solutions across 180 countries for use in industries such as mining, construction, agriculture, insurance inspection, solar energy, and oil & gas.
- Skylark Drones Private Limited
Founded in 2014 and headquartered in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India, Skylark Drones Private Limited uses drones or UAVs to acquire information and analyze and present it to various enterprises operating in mining, construction, renewable energy, and agriculture sectors.
Some of the other prominent players operating in the global drone-based solutions in construction market are:
- Trimble, Inc.
- ABJ Drones
- Prenav, Inc.
Global Drone-Based Solutions in Construction Market: Research Scope
Global Drone-Based Solutions in Construction Market, by Component
- Consulting Services
- Support & Maintenance Services
- Training & Education Services
Global Drone-Based Solutions in Construction Market, by Type
Global Drone-Based Solutions in Construction Market, by Application
- 3D Map Creation
- Routing Construction Progress Monitoring
- Volumetric Measurement
- Workplace Safety & Security Control
- Disaster Recovery
- Detection of Defects
Global Drone-Based Solutions in Construction Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of Latin America
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]