Can Disinfecting Wipes Kill Coronavirus?
The COVID-19 pandemic has sparked people’s interest in disinfecting products. Manufacturers in the disinfectant wipes market such as CloroxPro – a provider of robust cleaning supplies, is increasing its advertising efforts for disinfecting wipes that are EPA (Environmental Protection Agency)-approved and have the potential to clean and disinfect coronavirus pathogens.
Manufacturers in the disinfectant wipes market are working at break-neck speeds to meet the surging demand for products that kill viruses, bacteria, and cold flu germs. However, it is not guaranteed, and there is a lack of evidence that disinfecting wipes help to achieve a coronavirus-free home. Hence, companies are using robust germ-killing ingredients to increase the availability of premium quality products. They are increasing focus for babe care disposable wipes and other critical applications in hospitals to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
Purchase our Premium Research Report At:https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=70359<ype=S
Disinfectant Wipes v/s Disinfectant Sprays: Which is Better?
As compared to disinfectant sprays, disinfectant wipes are associated with lesser loss of substances. However, disposable wipes when deposited in a toilet can cause negative consequences for the environment. Hence, brands in the disinfectant wipes market are increasing awareness about disposing the wipes in waste containers to prevent environmental damage. Disinfectant sprays have a price advantage over disinfectant wipes. However, safety, ease of use, and appearance of wipes tend to offset the cost advantage of sprays.
Paper residue and care of surface & equipment while using sprays have led to increased sales of disinfectant wipes. Manufacturers in the disposable wipes market are publicizing their products as a modern disinfection solution to boost product uptake.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Disinfectant Wipes Market
Technical Sophistication in Non-woven Materials Helps Gain Market Recognition
Active ingredients, packaging, and raw materials are forming the basis for innovations in disinfectant wipes. Companies in the disinfectant wipes market are gaining recognition from the World of Wipes Innovation Award®, which recognizes and rewards innovations within the entire wipes value chain that utilizes non-woven fabric. Lonza LLC’s NUGEN® NR Disinfectant Wipe is gaining popularity as a one-step no-rise food contact surface disinfectant.
Companies in the disinfectant wipes market are boosting their output capacities to develop products that kill a broad set of bacteria and viruses such as the Nonovirus. Such disinfectant wipes are increasingly replacing pre-saturated food contact surface sanitizing wipes. Manufacturers in the disinfectant wipes market are expanding their business in non-woven fabrics by adopting technical sophistication.
Get More Press Releases by TMR: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/wide-application-range-coupled-with-latest-technological-advancements-to-invite-extensive-growth-for-the-immersive-technologies-market-tmr-301314719.html
R&D Helps to Develop Products Offering Long-lasting Protection on High Touch Surfaces
The disinfectant wipes market is projected to surpass the revenue of US$ 16.7 Bn by the end of 2030. The onset of the coronavirus has brought manufacturers under scrutiny to develop products that protect against viruses, fungi, and bacteria for 30 days and longer. Bioclean is one of the brands, which is gaining recognition for utilizing rep-L®, a novel plant-based technology that rapidly kills microbe cells and delivers antimicrobial resistance.
Manufacturers in the disinfectant wipes market are gaining a strong research base in products that are capable of killing virus, bacteria, and fungi under one minute or less to protect surfaces. Such products are eliminating the need for frequent cleaning and providing long-lasting protection on high touch surfaces and hands.
Robust, Biodegradable Disinfectant Wipes Support Aggressive Cleaning Applications
The growing awareness about the environmental impact of disposable disinfectant wipes has compelled manufacturers to innovate in biodegradable wipes. They are increasing efforts to develop products made from sustainable and renewable resources. Companies in the disinfectant wipes market are developing products that are compatible with static-sensitive surfaces and equipment. Robust biodegradable disinfectant wipes are gaining prominence in the market to treat heavily contaminated areas where maximum hard work is required.
The disinfectant wipes market is projected to advance at a robust CAGR of ~10% during the forecast period. This is evident since manufacturers are producing biodegradable wipes that cater to aggressive cleaning and provide good absorbency.
Disinfectant Wipes Market: Overview
- Disinfectant wipes are special purpose wipes used for protection against contamination from viruses, bacteria, and other harmful microorganism. Most disinfectant wipes are made with textile materials such as cellulosic fibers and thermoplastic fibers. Cellulosic fibers include cotton, wood pulp, viscose, and lyocell. Thermoplastic fibers include polyethylene terephthalate and polypropylene. The chemical composition of disinfectant wipes largely affects the overall performance and efficacy of disinfectant wipes in surface cleaning and hand sanitization.
- Alcohol is the most common constituent of standard disinfectant wipes and is responsible for germ killing activity. Apart from alcohol, key brands specialize in the development of other active ingredients such as alkyl C12-18 dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride. Moreover, this ingredient helps to design bleach-free disinfectant wipes.
Increasing Preference for Disinfectant Products in Personal Hygiene and Household Cleaning: A Key Driver of Disinfectant Wipes Market
- Rapid growth of the middle-class population and altering consumer preferences toward personal care and household care products is estimated to drive the demand for disinfectant wipes during the forecast period
- The current COVID-19 pandemic has promoted the increased use of disinfectant wipes for household cleaning. Disinfectant wipes can keep any kind of hard, non-permeable surface clean, and wipe the object or surface, which permits the area scrubbed to stay damp for around 30 seconds before drying. Disinfectant wipes can be utilized to disinfect sinks, light or water installations, entryway handles, door handles, tiles, earthenware products, toys, phones, and consoles.
- Key brands operating in the global disinfectant wipes market offer a wide range of alternatives in terms of pack size. Medium and small size wipes are largely preferred by residential consumers. Small size packs usually contain 10 to 30 wipes in a single pack. On the other hand, medium size packs comprise 30 to 100 wipes in a single pack. In commercial applications such as healthcare facilities and hospitality sectors, large size packs are used to avail discounted prices on bulk purchase.
Disinfectant Wipes Market: Key Market Trends
- Over the years, preference for biodegradable disinfectant wipes has increased significantly, as consumers have become more environment conscious and are looking for sustainable product offerings. Key brands are heavily investing in R&D to launch biodegradable disinfectant wipes under different brands. For instance, in 2020, Pal International launched its new product range of surface disinfection named Pal TX surface disinfectant wipes. These wipes are developed to meet the requirement of latest regulations for maximum residual levels (MRLs) for surface disinfectants in the food industry.
- Modern mothers prefer alcohol-free disinfectant wipes for babies. Alcohol-free products contain the active ingredient Benzalkonium Chloride, a quaternary ammonium. Unlike alcohol-based products, alcohol-free disinfectant wipes often contain less than a 0.1% concentration of Benzalkonium.
Multi-surface Disinfectant Wipes
- Multi-surface cleaning wipes are gaining wide acceptance from the millennial population. In a recent survey, 72% of millennial in the U.S. said that they were willing to pay more for disinfectant products that extended the time between cleans. Manufacturers are offering value-added cleaning wipes that can be used for multiple surfaces such as kitchens, cars, home appliances, mobiles, doors, windows, and furniture.
- Growing investments in the hospitality sector such as resorts, hotels, spas, and tourism are anticipated to boost market growth during the forecast period. Moreover, healthcare facilities in developing countries have witnessed significant transformation during the COVID-19 pandemic. Increased focus on cleanliness and evolving hygiene policies with the consideration of the COVID-19 crisis will drive the demand for disinfectant wipes in the commercial sector.
Disinfectant Wipes Market: Key Developments
- Key companies operating in the global disinfectant wipes market are heavily investing in new equipment and machines to expand their production capacity. Key brands are focused on localization of raw material suppliers to meet the rising need for disinfectant wipes due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Furthermore, companies are focused on strategic collaborations, online product offering, and collaborations with large format stores to reach untapped markets in emerging economies. Some key developments in the global disinfectant wipes market are highlighted below:
- In August 2020, The Clorox Company launched new brands: Clorox and Clorox Scentiva of disinfecting wipes and disinfecting wet mopping cloth. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has approved these brands, and they can be used to clean non-porous hard surfaces.
- In August 2020, CR Brands announced the launch of “ARM & HAMMER Essentials” disinfecting wipes. The new disinfecting wipes feature a citrus-based disinfectant formula that kills 99.9% of bacteria and viruses, and cleans household surfaces without harsh chemicals.
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany NY – 12207,
Tel: +1-518-618-1030 Email: [email protected]