Direct-to-Consumer Laboratory Testing Market: Overview
- According to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), direct-to-consumer laboratory tests are diagnostic tests marketed directly to consumers without the involvement of a health care provider
- In case of direct-to-consumer laboratory tests, the customer collects the sample such as urine & saliva and then sends it to the company for testing and analysis
- Some direct-to-consumer laboratory tests are based on clinical data that support the information and analysis provided while other tests may have varying levels of evidence supporting their claims
- The global direct-to-consumer laboratory testing market is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to increase in consumer awareness & education about these tests, rise in number of people using these tests proactively, and growing trend for using direct-to-consumer laboratory testing for ancestry
Request Brochure for Report – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=75779
Drivers of Global Direct-to-Consumer Laboratory Testing Market
- Rise in emphasis on patient-driven health care and easy access to patients as consumers through various sources such as internet and media are expected to drive the global direct-to-consumer laboratory testing market
- Increase in adoption of direct-to-consumer laboratory testing for assessing diet & nutrition, cost-effectiveness, and increase in demand for easy-to-use test kits are various factors expected to support the growth of the direct-to-consumer laboratory testing market during the forecast period
- In December, Vitagene launched two health and wellness products based on DNA test results. These products are expected to enhance the company`s health and wellness services by including tailored food plans and customized exercise regimens
Request for Analysis of COVID19 Impact on Direct-to-Consumer Laboratory Testing Market –
Genetic Testing Segment to Gain Market Share
- Based on test type, the global direct-to-consumer laboratory testing market can be classified into blood cell count, cholesterol level testing, HIV testing, pregnancy testing, substance abuse testing, urinalysis, and genetic testing
- The genetic testing segment is anticipated to gain significant share in the global direct-to-consumer laboratory testing market during the forecast period, owing to new product launch, increase in number of market players offering direct-to-consumer genetic test kits, and enormous growth in direct-to-consumer testing, especially in developed countries across the globe
Pre Book Market Report –
Disease Risk Assessment Segment to Exhibit Significant Growth
- Based on application, the global direct-to-consumer laboratory testing market can be classified into disease risk assessment, diet & nutrition, health & fitness, ancestry testing, and others
- The disease risk assessment segment is anticipated to gain significant share in the global direct-to-consumer laboratory testing market during the forecast period, owing to rise in importance for early diagnosis of disease diagnostic and increase in prevalence of cancer, diabetes, obesity, and cardiovascular diseases
- In January 2019, 23andMe received Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval for a consumer test for hereditary colorectal cancer syndrome
Ask for Discount :
Key Players in Global Direct-to-Consumer Laboratory Testing Market
Major players operating in the global direct-to-consumer laboratory testing market are:
- 23andMe, Inc.
- Any Lab Test Now, Inc.
- Counsyl, Inc.
- Gene by Gene, Ltd.
- Myriad Genetics, Inc.
- Quest Diagnostics, Inc.
- Veritas Genetics
- Vitagene, Inc.
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for several decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts so that it always reflects latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453