Focus on Minimizing Energy Consumption and Innovations to Aid Market Growth
Energy consumption in urban cities across the world is on the rise. As government authorities and municipalities across the world, particularly of the developing countries of Asia Pacific, Africa, and Latin America continue to invest resources in the development of new infrastructure and industrialization, energy conservation has also emerged as a key area of focus. Energy conservation regulations around the world continue to emphasize on using smart lighting and electric systems across buildings to minimize energy consumption. Over the past decade, energy consumption across non-residential and commercial buildings has increased at a steady pace. The focus on maximizing energy efficiency and minimizing energy consumption has led to a significant rise in the demand for dimmer and color-tunable products over the past few years, a trend that is expected to continue during the forecast period.
Some of the other factors that are expected to drive the dimmer and color tunable market include the advent of new construction techniques, advancements in LED technology, focus on innovation, large-scale production of ‘smart’ lighting systems, and dwindling costs of new products & technologies. At the back of these factors, the global dimmer and color tunable market is expected to reach a value of ~US$ 36 Bn by the end of 2027.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Dimmer and Color Tunable Market
High Energy-saving Potential of Advanced Dimmers to Increase Demand
As maximizing energy efficiency of lighting systems across the world continues to gain significant momentum, dimmers have emerged as an ideal solution to attain that objective. In recent years, daylight integration in controlled systems and strategies has gained considerable traction. In addition, adaptive dimming schemes that are predominantly centered on daylight pipe that is integrated with indoor lighting control systems have exhibited exceptional energy-saving potential. At present, dimming is extensively available via single-light switches and as the adoption of smart lighting systems continues to grow, the demand for dimmers is likely to increase at a steady pace. The advanced LED technology coupled with the Bluetooth technology is expected to accelerate the demand for dimmers and color-tunable products. Smart digital dimmers are increasingly being used in houses, hotels, commercial, residential, and an array of non-residential buildings across the world.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Research and development activities within the dimmer and color tunable market are on the rise and are investigating the potential of leveraging the location-awareness technology to develop advanced dimming lighting control systems. In addition, several research activities are also increasingly focusing on assessing the energy reduction rate, while simultaneously monitoring the performance of the indoor lighting environment. In addition, as energy consumed across the building sector worldwide accounts for nearly 40% of the total energy consumed, minimizing energy consumption using smart dimmers and novel technologies is expected to gain traction in the coming years.
Advancements in Technologies and Rise in Number of Smart Cities to Propel Market Growth
Progress in wireless technologies, advent of smart street lighting systems, sensor technologies, and the introduction of smart lighting technologies are expected to provide winds to the sails for the growth of the dimmer and color tunable market during the forecast period. As brands continue to focus on innovations and new technologies, the dimmer and color tunable market is expected to be flooded with new innovative smart dimmer and color-tunable products during the forecast period. Technological advancements within the current market landscape are predominantly aimed toward enhancing lighting performance and minimizing energy consumption. In recent times, as the efficiency of LED technologies continues to improve, the demand for dimmer and color-tunable products has witnessed notable growth. Innovations, including tunable liquid lenses have played a key role in the development of luminaries wherein focus, beam pattern, and temperature color can be adjusted. Technologies such as ambient/optimum lighting and distribution system lighting, passive infrared motion sensing-based lighting and motion sensor lighting systems have revolutionized the lighting space in recent years. The onset of such technologies is likely to propel the dimmer and color tunable market in the coming years.
Manufacturers to Address Supply-chain Challenges Amidst COVID-19 Pandemic
The advent of the COVID-19 pandemic is expected to influence the expansion of the market for dimmer and color tunable products in the first half of the forecast period. Although new technologies are entering the market space at a rapid pace, the demand for dimmer and color tunable products is expected to witness a decline particularly in the first half of 2020. Companies are increasingly focusing on minimizing supply chain disruptions, as lighting systems are critical in both outdoor as well as indoor applications. Market players are likely to focus on addressing the demand from the infrastructure sector. However, a shortage of electric components sourced from China, along with disruptions in international trade is projected to impact the demand-supply equation in the near future.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Dimmer and Color Tunable Market
Dimmer and Color Tunable Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global dimmer and color tunable market for the historical period of 2017–2018 and the forecast period of 2019–2027, growing popularity of dimmers and color-tunable lights in a large number of industries, including medical & pharmaceutical, agriculture, and automotive across the globe is expected to boost the global market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global dimmer and color tunable market is estimated to reach value of ~US$ 36 Bn by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of ~8% during the forecast period
- In terms of volume, the global dimmer and color tunable market is estimated to reach 403,340.2 units by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of ~6% during the forecast period
Rising Demand for Color-tunable LED Luminaires Worldwide: A Key Driver
- LED lighting is gaining significant popularity worldwide, owing to its higher energy efficiency than other light sources such as incandescent light. Regions, including North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are continuously focusing on the replacement of traditional incandescent lights with LED lighting. With the advancement in technology, lighting from LEDs can be easily adjusted in accordance with the application or event. These lights are called color-tunable LED lights or luminaires.
- Color tunable LED luminaires are the products whose CCT (correlated color temperature) can be controlled. Demand for color-tunable LED luminaires is on the rise across the globe, due to their increasing adoption in commercial as well as residential spaces. These lights are being adopted by restaurants and households, as they can mimic incandescent light.
- Moreover, color-tunable LED luminaires offer several health benefits, as they can mimic daylight exactly. This has a positive impact on the natural system as well as the circadian system of the human body.
- Increasing demand for color-tunable LED luminaires is expected to have a high positive impact on the global dimmer and color tunable market in the near future
Advancements in Color-tunable Light Technology: Latest Trend in Global Market
- Color-tunable lighting has the ability to change the correlated color temperature (CCT) of light by using a controller. The global dimmer and color tunable market is still undergoing the development stage. Demand for color-tunable lighting is continuously rising, owing to its benefits including high productivity and enhanced mood. With the rising demand for color-tunable lights, the technology is also evolving and manufacturers are coming up with technologically advanced products for a wide range of applications.
- For instance, in October 2019, Lumishore, a manufacturer of luminaires, launched a new color-tunable light for marine smart lighting. The new product is especially made for use in the marine environment.
- Furthermore, in April 2019, scientists from Lehigh University demonstrated color tuning of GaN-based (gallium nitride-based) LEDs. This would make a single LED capable of color tuning, as opposed to multiple LEDs used for color tuning.
Issues with Testing and Control of Color-tunable Products: A Major Challenge for Global Market
- A large number of color-tunable lights are being launched in the global market, as a result of several benefits associated with them. Several manufacturers design and provide color-tunable lighting, such as Eaton and Lutron Electronics Co., Inc. However, multiple manufacturers applying different approaches or techniques while producing color-tunable products creates issues pertaining to control and testing of these products.
- Guidelines for performing testing of color-tunable lighting are yet to be completely established. These guidelines hold key importance, as established testing methods neither enable precise comparison among different products nor help in identifying the difference between efficiency of products.
- The impact of this restraint on the global market is projected to be low during the forecast period, as government agencies, such as the U.S. Department of Energy (DoE), are taking steps to come up with guidelines pertaining to testing of color-tunable products. With the emergence of more number of guidelines, this trend is projected to further continue during the forecast period.
Dimmer and Color Tunable Market: Competition Landscape
- Degree of competition in the global dimmer and color tunable market is moderate, as well-established as well as emerging players are striving to gain a competitive edge by developing new and technologically advanced products to attract more number of customers
- For instance, in January 2020, General Electric Company, a manufacturer of lighting products, announced the launch of new smart dimmers to be used in household applications. These dimmers have the ability to connect directly with a wireless network.
- Furthermore, in October 2019, Lumishore, a manufacturer of luminaires, launched a new color-tunable light. The new product is especially made for use in the marine environment.
Dimmer and Color Tunable Market: Key Developments
- Well-established players strive to gain a competitive edge by developing new and technologically advanced products to attract more customers
- In the report on the global dimmer and color tunable market, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of dimmers and color-tunable lights. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global dimmer and color tunable market.
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]