- Dental floss is a cord of thin filaments which is used to remove dental plaque and food from between teeth. It is used to clear the teeth from inside where a toothbrush cannot reach.
- The use of dental floss helps get rid of plaque, helps in reducing the risk of cavities, and helps in preventing gum disease such as gingivitis and periodontitis.
- The issue of plague and cavities are very common in people. Therefore, it is expected that the dental floss market will grow during the forecast period.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of the Global Dental Floss Market
- Awareness among consumers about new methods of flossing coupled with technological advancement in dental floss products such as water flossers, air flossers, and floss holders are helping consumers to deal with the problems faced by using the regular floss. The advancement in technology coupled with increasing consumer convenience and satisfaction is expected to drive the global dental floss market during the forecast period.
- The Covid-19 pandemic has made people health conscious. Consumers are taking utmost precaution to avoid any kind of infection or illness. This has resulted in rising demand for self-care products. The increase in awareness among people regarding the cons of not practicing dental flossing is expected to increase the demand for dental floss. It is an opportunity for manufacturers to cater to the increasing excess demand in the market, which is expected to fuel the dental floss market during the forecast period.
- The use of dental floss is high among adults as compared to children. It is essential for children as well to floss in order to prevent cavities and plaque build-up. Children really do not floss due to lack of awareness among parents about the pros of starting flossing at an early. Other reasons might be flavor and manual difficulties using regular floss. Therefore, manufacturers have an opportunity to target the kids’ market segment by introducing kid specific products in terms of different flavors and convenience.
Request for a sample:
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global Dental Floss Market
In terms of region, the dental floss market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- North America is expected to be the dominant market for dental floss because of greater awareness among people regarding the use of dental floss. Furthermore, more studies are being done in North America to understand the issues and concerns of not practicing flossing. Thus, it has created awareness among the people to practice oral care hygiene and hence the region has the highest market share.
Key Players Operating in the Global Dental Floss Market
- Alfred Becht GmbH
- ALSCO Industries, Inc.
- Church and Dwight Co. Inc.
- Colgate-Palmolive Company
- Dr. Fresh, LLC
- Johnson & Johnson
- Lion Corporation
- Prestige Consumer Healthcare, Inc.
- Procter & Gamble
Global Dental Floss Market: Research Scope
Global Dental Floss Market, by Type
- Multifilament Floss
- Monofilament Floss
- Dental Tape
- Super Floss
- Floss Picks
- Others (Water Flosser, Electric Flosser, etc.)
Global Dental Floss Market, by Form
Global Dental Floss Market, by Flavor
- Bubble gum
- Others (Coffee, Cocofloss, etc.)
Global Dental Floss Market, by Price
Global Dental Floss Market, by Distribution Channel
- Company owned websites
- Hypermarkets / Supermarkets
- Drug Stores
- Other retail stores
Ask for brochure:
Global Dental Floss Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Read TMR Research Methodology at: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/methodology.html
Read Our Latest Press Release: