Density Meter: Introduction
- Density meter, also known as densimeter, is an instrument that measures the density of liquid or gas. It works by measuring the oscillation of a glass tube that contains the sample.
- Digital density meters are used in the pharmaceutical, petroleum, chemical, and food & beverage industries for quality control and in research & development
- Density meters can also measure specific gravity and refraction index. These meters are time saving, as they provide quick and easy measurement. These have the capability to store nearly 1,000 results.
- These meters are available in portable or benchtop models, which can measure density of liquid or gas, or both. A density meter has a built-in thermostat to maintain the temperature. Some models have the ability to take and store images, change speed of testing, etc.
- Various types of density meters are nuclear density meter, inertial flow density meter, ultrasound density meter, microwave density meter, and gravitic density meter
- Industries such as mining, dredging, wastewater treatment, paper, and oil & gas utilize density meters during their respective processes. These meters are also used to measure slurries, sludge, and other liquids that flow through pipeline.
Get Sample Copy:
Pharmaceutical and Oil & Gas Industries to Drive the Global Density Meters Market
- Pharmaceutical density meters are used to evaluate the material porosity of solid drug substances or to determine the specific gravity of liquid samples
- Demand for pycnometer, which measures the absolute envelope and bulk density of solids, is high in the pharma industry
- Density meters play major role in maintaining the quality control standards and examining the final state of solids or suspended formulation.
- These meters are also used in the oil &and gas industry, where purification and assessment of purified samples are measured before manufacturing.
- Ultrasonic density meters are widely used in oil & gas, water & wastewater treatment, metals & mining, chemicals, and pulp & paper industries. Ultrasonic density meters are more accurate, and hence, are used in various industries. This in turn augments the global density meter market
- Densimeters are used in applications such as tanker truck, railcar loading stations, product identification on multi-product pipeline, product quality control in production process, and mass measurement in aircraft refueling applications
- Increase in consumption of oil & gas due to rapid industrialization is projected to drive demand for density meters
- Density meters are used in pipeline operations for on-line density measurement, where the density change from one batch to the next can be observed and suitable valve changes can be done to route liquids to correct destination
Asia Pacific to Lead in the Global Density Meters Market
- Increase in the number of food & beverage and pharmaceutical companies and their focus on expanding operations and manufacturing units in Asia Pacific are anticipated to boost demand for density meters in the region
- The process automation industry in Asia Pacific presents significant opportunities because of its political and global reformation. India is expected to provide large opportunities due to expansion of the process automated industries.
- Government initiatives in the water and wastewater treatment industry is a major factor fueling the growth of the density meters market in the region. Increase in industrialization contributes to the growth of the density meters market in Asia Pacific. Density meters play a major role in water & wastewater treatment to determine turbidity, concentration of neutralizers such as milk of lime, and for repeated checks of the concentration of water during the process. Demand for density meters is high in Asia Pacific due to limited availability of drinking water, increase in industrial wastewater, and smart water management.
Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report:
Key Players Operating in the Global Density Meters Market
- Anton Paar GmbH
- Toshiba Corporation
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Emerson Electric Co.
- Mettler Toledo
Request for Pre Book Report here:
Global Density Meters Market: Research Scope
Global Density Meters Market, by Type
Global Density Meters Market, by Application
Global Density Meters Market, by End-Use Industry
- Water & Wastewater
- Food & Beverage
- Oil & Gas
- Metals & Mining
- Healthcare & Pharmaceutical
Global Density Meters Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453