The dreadful virus that infected thousands of people all around the world leads to an uncertain situation right now. This unstoppable virus is a big threat among people. With the everyday rise in the number of deaths and infected ones it badly affects the economy of many countries.
Every time switching on to news channels it shows a rapid increase in the cases of Coronavirus. Although, we all are quite aware of the evolution of coronavirus(COVID-19) that starts from the seafood market of Wuhan in China. But still, there are many such myths that distract us from following the right facts related to Covid-19.
That’s why there is a great need to know more about this virus which is actually important for all of us. One of the renowned consultants Daniel Feerst suggests focusing on the actual facts instead of blindly believing the myths.
What is Coronavirus and COVID-19?
Coronavirus is considered a group of viruses that spreads faster because of its zoonotic nature. The illness affects ranges from a common cold to serious diseases like MERS-CoV and SARS-CoV.
On the other hand, the recently identified COVID-19 in humans is caused due to novel coronavirus. FYI, the CO stands for Corona, VI for a virus, D for Disease, and 19 for the year 2019.
How does it enter the human body?
The entire spreading mechanism of this virus starts from bats as they carry multiple viruses. According to the research, it is found that in Wuhan city the flesh-meat of various animal species such as camels, cats, rats, cattle, bats is sold and from there this virus starts spreading. At the start, workers and visitors of this place get infected, and then the disease spreads like a fire.
FYI, the transmission process occurs from one person to another while sitting or standing close to the infected person or touching the contaminated surface. And in this way, these tiny droplets of infected one enters into the body of other persons.
What are the Signs and Symptoms?
An attack on your nose, upper throat, and sinuses occur in COVID-19. The following symptoms are seen in the infected person.
- Severe throat pain
- Coughing and sneezing
- Runny nose
It’s obvious that many myths are heard related to coronavirus disease but knowing the facts is necessary. On the basis of facts, we can take precautions to get rid of this scary virus. Have a look at a few of them:
- Myth– It’s a new virus.
- Fact– No, it’s not new. This is a version of coronavirus which was previously found in animals.
- Myth– It can be cured using the vaccination of Pneumonia
- Fact– This is not possible as it can be curable by its own vaccine only.
- Myth– It attacks old age people mostly.
- Fact– There is no link with the age number. It can affect any person of any age.
What’s the next thing to do?
Follow these below mentioned precautions to stay safe. Maintain social distancing and stay inside unless there is nothing urgent to go outside.
- Make sure you avoid close contact with the people and animals these days. Be sure to maintain a distance of at least 1 meter.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands. Keep a sanitizer in your bag.
- Make a habit of washing your hands with soap within a few intervals.
- Use a handkerchief or tissue to cover your mouth while coughing and sneezing.
- Eat properly cooked meat and eggs.
- Wear masks whenever going out.
Our patience and safety is a necessity to aid this virus: Daniel Feerst.