Artificial Turf Market: Overview
- Artificial turf is a type of man-made surface produced by using synthetic fibers such as polyethylene, polyamides, nylon, and polypropylene. It looks similar to natural grass. It is used in areas such as sports fields and playgrounds which require grass surfaces. Additionally, it is employed on wells and residential lawns.
- These grass fibers are long lasting and they have a low environmental impact as they require low amount of water and they are recyclable. Artificial turfs are highly durable, eco-friendly, and require low maintenance. They are of superior quality. They can be used in any climate. Artificial turfs are also used in the landscaping & leisure sector.
- Artificial turfs are easy to replace and maintain. They eliminate the use of harmful pesticides and fertilizers, which are required for natural grass cultivation.
- Artificial turfs are children- and pet-friendly, as they possess properties such as bacterial resistance
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers for Global Artificial Turf Market
- Growth of the global construction industry is a key factor driving the global artificial turf market. Demand for artificial turfs for use in the construction sector for stadiums, sports fields, commercial gardens, and houses is rising.
- Innovations in products have supported growth of the global artificial turf market. Rising use of artificial turfs in public spaces led by water scarcity is likely to drive the demand for artificial turfs during the forecast period.
- Growing sports activities across the globe and rising government investments in the development of sports programs and playgrounds are positively impacting the global artificial turf market
- In the last few years, several players have underwent ACL injuries on turf fields, which limits application of artificial turfs in sports fields
Commercial Segment to Hold a Significant Share of Global Artificial Turf Market
- Based on film type, the global artificial turf market has been segmented into residential, commercial, sports, and others
- The commercial segment is anticipated to witness growth at the most rapid pace during the forecast period. Artificial turfs are widely used in various public utility spaces such as walkways, public gardens, and amusement parks. Growing number of commercial constructions is likely to boost the segment during the forecast period.
- Residential societies, parks, backyards, terraces, lawns, etc. are key application areas of artificial turf. Rising living standards and increasing disposable income are augmenting the demand for artificial turf in the residential segment.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Polyethylene Segment to Hold a Significant Share of Global Artificial Turf Market
- Base on material type, the global artificial turf market can be segmented into polyamides, polyethylene, polypropylene, nylon, and others
- Polyethylene is anticipated to remain the dominant segment of the global artificial turf market during the forecast period. Polyethylene is a highly versatile material and it has excellent properties such as durability, softness, and resilience.
- Polypropylene is expected to be the second-largest segment of the global artificial turf market during the forecast period, followed by polyamides and nylon segments. Nylon turfs can retain their original shape, due to stiffness of nylon. Also, these turfs are resistant to extreme temperatures. However, high costs of nylon turfs restrict their use in residential, sports, and commercial applications.
Europe to Offer Lucrative Opportunities to Artificial Turf Market
- In terms of region, the global artificial turf market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe is anticipated to hold a major share of the global market during the forecast period. The region is also estimated to be the most rapidly expanding market for artificial turfs in the next few years. Availability of a large number of sports grounds, growing inclination toward outdoor sports, and shifting trend from conventional grass fields toward synthetic grass fields in Europe are key factors boosting the market in the region.
- A large number of artificial turfs were set up for sports over the last few years. Artificial turfs were also used during FIFA Women’s U-20 World Cup in 2014 and FIFA World Cup in 2018.
- The U.K. is anticipated to be the leading market for artificial turf in Europe during the forecast period. The country has around 5,000 artificial turf pitches. France holds second position in the Europe artificial turf market, with the availability of 1,800 synthetic pitches in the country.
Request for Pre Book Report here:
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global artificial turf market was fragmented in 2018. Major players are adopting various key strategies such as development of new products and expanding their market reach through expanding their distribution network in emerging markets.
Key players operating in the global artificial turf market are:
- Sports Group
- Tarkett Group
- Tencate Grass
- SiS Pitches
- CC Grass
- Challenger Industries Inc.
- Creative Recreation Solutions (CRS)
- Global Syn-Turf
- K&B Junwoo
- Green Diamond Synthetic Turf
Global Artificial Turf Market: Research Scope
Global Artificial Turf Market, by Application
Global Artificial Turf Market, by Material Type
Global Artificial Turf Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers’ or customers’ journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Read TMR Research Methodology @:
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]