Cable cars are small cabins that make use of suspended cables to transport goods and people over short distances and difficult terrain. These are usually used to cover uneven ground as when climbing to a higher altitude, where conventional road transport cannot operate. Being cheaper to implement than roadways, they find demand in such areas.
Increasingly, cable cars and ropeways are being utilized in urban settings to circumvent heavy traffic and reach inaccessible areas. So their use is extending from far flung regions to mainstream cities, where they make logistics easier for goods as well as people. An increasing number of cities sited over difficult terrain plan to use this technology, making the market for cable cars and ropeways lucrative in the future (2020 to 2030), as per Transparency Market Research.
PreBook Report Now:
Global Cable Cars and Ropeways Market: Competitive Landscape
A number of manufactures globally are focused on this demand intensive market. The market scenario is regionally fragmented owing to the presence of players distributed worldwide. Some of these players are-
- Doppelmayr Garaventa Group
- Kreischberg: Cableways
- Dubrovnik cable cars
- Kropivnik Cableways Pvt. Ltd.
- Damodar ropeways
- Bullwheel international cable car corp
These manufactures plan to expand operations into areas that are asking for more cable cars to deal with logistical problems. Acquiring sub sectors like road clearing, and increasing visibility to local governments is set to be primary strategies in the future.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Cable Cars and Ropeways Market: Key Trends and Drivers
- Urbanization results when population increases to spill over into urban areas from the countryside in search of better jobs and amenities. 68% of the world’s population will reside in urban areas by 2050, a United Nations report suggests. As available area will fall short, land would have to be taken up for development purposes. Cable cars are of vital importance here in not just initial construction, but also sustenance of such areas, as witnessed in the high placed cities of many South American countries.
- The tourism industry is also expected to give an impetus to the cable cars and ropeways market. This industry is expected to grow at a rate of 0.2% to the end of 2022 to about 1.5 trillion USD. As new places are explored by enthusiasts, demand for cable cars and ropeways would grow. All sorts of logistical issues are solved by using ropeways. Cable cars offer a panoramic view of the terrain they bypass, hence are favored among tourists.
- A hindrance to this market could be fear around the safety of these mid-air travelling cabins. Also, installation costs involved in some areas are often quite high as quality can ill be compromised upon when considering ropeways. This effect could be overcome by spreading awareness about standard testing measures of ropeway products from manufactures and good site planning to save on unnecessary costs.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in global cable cars and ropeways market, ask for a customized report
Global Cable Cars and Ropeways Market: Regional Analysis
Europe and Latin America are expected to register the fastest growth in this market in the future. This can be attributed to a large area of these regions being covered by high rise mountains and valleys that are being developed to cater to a growing population.
The North American region is also adopting ropeways and cable cars to cater to tourism and development requirements in countryside, and is set to register a steady growth rate as a result. In the Asia Pacific (APAC) region, South Korea is also set grow strongly into the cable cars market given the hilly terrain over large parts of this country.
Read Our Latest Press Release: