Brachytherapy Afterloaders: Introduction
- Brachytherapy is a procedure that involves placing a radioactive material inside the body. It is a type of radiotherapy used to treat cancer. It is sometimes called internal radiation.
- The therapy allows health care professionals to deliver higher doses of radiation to targeted areas of the body compared to the traditional form of radiation therapy that projects radiation from a machine outside of the body.
- Brachytherapy is the oldest type of radiation therapy used to treat cancer and is suited as a single modality or in combination with other treatments such as external beam radiation therapy
- Brachytherapy is conducted with a so-called afterloader, also known as a remote afterloading system. The very small radiation source is driven from a shielded safe — located inside the afterloader — directly into or next to the tumor with the help of applicators and catheters.
Request Brochure for Report – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=74353
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Brachytherapy Afterloaders Market
- Cancer is the second leading cause of death globally after cardiovascular disease. The number of deaths across the world due to cancer increased to an estimated 9.6 million in 2018. Globally, about 1 in 6 deaths is due to cancer.
- Over 60% of the world’s new cancer cases are reported in Africa, Asia, and Central and South America and 70% of the world’s cancer deaths occur in these regions. Late-stage presentation and inaccessible diagnosis and treatment are common for cancer deaths.
- In 2017, only 26% of low-income countries reported having pathology services generally available in the public sector. Additionally, pathology services are available in over 90% of high-income countries compared to less than 30% of low-income countries.
- Each cancer type requires unique treatment. Hence, rise in prevalence of cancer and need of treatment are expected to increase. This is likely to provide significant opportunities for players in the market.
Request for Analysis of COVID19 Impact on Brachytherapy Afterloaders Market –
- Governments in developed countries such as the U.S. raise funds for cancer research to aid in the diagnosis and treatment. Clinical trials are also funded by governments to support companies in developing effective cancer diagnosis.
- Medicare and private payers cover cancer diagnostic services that are performed or controlled by a medical practitioner certified by the American Board
- For Instance, in April 2016, the U.S. Government allocated US$ 5.2 Bn for the National Cancer Institute (NCI), a Federal Government agency, for cancer research and training. The budget increased by 5.3% over that in the previous year. NCI conducts clinical trials on cancer patients who require repetitive diagnosis to check the prognosis of cancer.
Pre book Brachytherapy Afterloaders Market Report –
Prostate Cancer to be Most Attractive Segment of Global Brachytherapy Afterloaders Market
- In terms of application, the prostate cancer segment is projected to dominate the global brachytherapy afterloaders market during the forecast period. Prostate cancer is the most common cancer among men.
- According to a study published in the American Cancer Society Journal, an estimated 1,414,259 new cases of prostate cancer were recorded in the U.S. in 2020, and about 375,304 new deaths were reported due to prostate cancer in 2020
- In 2018, an estimated 1,276,106 men were diagnosed with prostate cancer across the world. Nearly 60% of cases are diagnosed in men over 65. The average age of diagnosis is 66; the disease rarely occurs before age 40. For unknown reasons, the risk of prostate cancer is about 60% higher in African-American men than in Caucasians.
Ask for Discount :
Key Players Operating in Global Brachytherapy Afterloaders Market
Key players operating in the global brachytherapy afterloaders market are:
- Varian Medical Systems, Inc.
- Panacea Medical Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- Theragenics Corporation
- GE Healthcare
- C. R. Bard, Inc.
- Best Medical International
- Eckert & Ziegler BEBIG
- Elekta AB
- Proton Partners International Ltd.
Browse More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research:
Collagen Peptide and Gelatin Market :
Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) Market :
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for several decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts so that it always reflects latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453