Surely if you have looked at a supplement store or entered bodybuilding forums or blogs, you will have seen that there are endless supplements that, it seems, are the panacea and will make you become a rocky colossus simply by taking them.
There is as much variety of supplements as imagination they have advertised, you just have to look at a random supplement sales page and see all of them: tribulus terrestris, fat blockers, thermogenics, CLA , ZMA , L-Carnitine, trimmers, congestants, testosterone boosters, … just need some hair grows.
With this we reach a point where we have all asked ourselves, hundreds or even thousands of times, what are the supplements that really serve something, and this is the purpose of this post, to try to bring together the supplements that truly serve something and some points to keep in mind about the rest of the supplements.
Most of the rest of the supplements are not going to provide us even 1% of what they promise and are based on misleading and aggressive advertising that show effects in many cases without positive studies, as is the case with L-carnitine, which apparently promotes fat burning but there is only one study that confirms it and with obese people.
In addition, in almost all the ads in supplements magazines or stores there are professional bodybuilders or hyperdefined and muscular models talking about the excellence of the products, you just have to see the ads for Nitric Oxide that promises great congestion and gain and bodybuilders come out pulling veins for everywhere, when those bodies are only available on steroids and hormones.
What they never say is that most of the time if it works it is thanks to the placebo effect that they have in the one who takes them, that is, if the person who takes for example tribulus believes that it is doing him well, he may see results that are not they exist or the mind makes you work harder and the body react better, but it has nothing to do with the supplement in question.
Supplements that work
Surely there are some others that may have minimal help, but as we are not competitors in bodybuilding or fitness, we are going to focus on the bodybuilding supplements that work like steroids:
- Compounds of minerals and / or multivitamins: in many cases the diets that are followed to burn fat and not accumulate more are usually lacking in fruits, vegetables, legumes … so the contribution of micronutrients is a little low, thanks to this supplement can reach the minimum amounts that must be provided to the body.
- Protein powders: although many people believe that they are miraculous and harmful, it is not true at all, it is simply isolated protein, a way to give the body an extra of it to reach the minimum necessary contribution to regenerate muscle. It doesn’t promise anything, it’s like eating chicken, so it works the same.
- Glutamine: it is the most common amino acid in muscles and plasma, it is used in protein synthesis, helping to repair muscle fibers damaged in training. It has anti-catabolic properties, helping to maintain muscle during times of diet.
- BCAAs or BCAAs: amino acids are essential to be provided with diet. They provide energy to the muscle in situations of intense exercise, favor protein synthesis and help not to catabolize with intense exercise.
- Creatine: it is a nitrogenous organic acid found in muscles and nerve cells. Delays fatigue, helps increase strength and muscle mass, and even improves anaerobic exercise.
- Green tea: it is undoubtedly the best of the types of tea that exist, being able to take in capsules or infusions. It is ideal for burning fat, has a large amount of antioxidants to control free radicals that are released with intense exercise, reduces cholesterol levels and reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease among other indications.