- Automotive climate control refers to the vehicle’s integrated heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system. It is the technology that creates ambient comfort within the vehicle. Multi-zone cooling systems are used to separate different climate control areas inside the vehicle cabin.
- Multi-zone air conditioning systems have separate controls for the driver and passengers, providing them different temperatures and fan speeds. Air condition vents are located at multiple locations across the vehicle cabin because of the different zones.
- There are no walls or dividers between the different zones; therefore, the air conditioning unit achieves different temperatures by mixing different air flow together to create an outcome that’s the average of its outputs.
Key Drivers of Automotive Multi-zone Air Conditioning System Market
- Changing customer demand and need for better driving comfort are major factors affecting the design and modelling of vehicles currently. Traditional air conditioning systems treated the vehicle interior as one large compartment. The air vents were placed primarily with driver comfort in mind, which often resulted in poor air circulation in the rear of the vehicle. These drawbacks of traditional air conditioning systems prompted vehicle occupants to demand more individualized comfort and OEMs to incorporate multi-zone air conditioning systems in their vehicles. These systems create separate climate zones in the vehicle as per comfort of every occupant. Thus, changing customer expectations for vehicle comfort are driving the automotive multi-zone air conditioning system market across the globe.
- Rise in per capita GDP has increased the purchasing power of people worldwide. The European Union stated that spending of global middle class population is expected to US$ 64 trillion by 2030, a rise from US$ 37 trillion in 2017. This rise in purchasing power has increased the sales of luxury vehicles. Luxury vehicles are fitted with advanced multi-zone air conditioning systems that provide climate control for 3, 4 or even 5 separate zones. The BMW X7, Mercedes-Benz GLS, and other such luxury vehicles have five zone climate control systems. Thus, an increase in the demand for luxury vehicles amidst rise in purchasing power of populations is driving the global automotive multi-zone air conditioning system market.
Challenges in Automotive Multi-zone Air Conditioning System Market
- High maintenance cost and complexity of the system due to use of additional air vent doors and actuators to separate airflow is hampering the global automotive multi-zone air conditioning system market
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Multi-zone Air Conditioning System Market, Request for a Sample
Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Automotive Multi-zone Air Conditioning System Market
- Production and sales of vehicles declined amidst the COVID-19 pandemic and consequently, the demand for multi-zone air conditioning system also declined. However, governments are easing restrictions and companies are restarting their operations with precautionary measures, which is estimated to propel the global automotive multi-zone air conditioning system market.
Opportunity in Automotive Multi-zone Air Conditioning System Market
- Inclination of consumers toward next-generation mobility, such as electric and autonomous vehicles, is prompting Tier 1 suppliers of HVAC systems and OEMs to develop smart air conditioning systems that sense the presence of an occupant and automatically adjust the air flow and temperature. These systems reduce fuel or batter power consumption and provide individualized comfort. These advanced smart systems are estimated to offer significant opportunities to the global automotive multi-zone air conditioning system market in the near future.
North America & Europe hold Significant Share of Global Automotive Multi-zone Air Conditioning System Market
- North America and Europe account for a significant share of the global automotive multi-zone air conditioning system market due to the strong presence of luxury car manufacturers in these regions who are incorporating these zonal HVAC systems in their vehicles. OEMs such as Daimler AG, BMW AG and AB Volvo are a few luxury car manufacturers in North America and Europe who have equipped their luxury and long vehicles including SUVs with multi-zone air conditioning systems.
Key Players Operating in Automotive Multi-zone Air Conditioning System Market
The global automotive multi-zone air conditioning system market is highly concentrated due to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive multi-zone air conditioning system market are:
- Air International Thermal Systems
- Behr-Hella Thermocontrol GmbH
- BorgWarner Inc. (Delphi Technologies)
- DENSO CORPORATION
- Hanon Systems
- MAHLE GmbH
- Sanden Holdings Corporation
- Vishay Intertechnology, Inc.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Automotive Multi-zone Air Conditioning System Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Multi-zone Air Conditioning System Market, by Operation
Global Automotive Multi-zone Air Conditioning System Market, by Number of Zones
- 2 Zone
- 3 Zone
- 4 Zone
Global Automotive Multi-zone Air Conditioning System Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Luxury/ Premium Vehicles
- Mid-segment Vehicles
- Entry-class Vehicles
- Commercial Vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Multi-zone Air Conditioning System Market, by Sales Channel
Read Our Latest Press Release: