- In modern internal combustion engines, exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) is a method to control nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions produced as a by-product during the combustion process. Air from the environment, mostly a combination of oxygen and nitrogen, combines with fuel and ignites inside the combustion chamber, which boosts the temperature and produces NOx emissions. The EGR system returns a small portion of exhaust gas to the engine’s combustion chamber through the intake manifold, lowering combustion temperatures and subsequently, reduces the amount of NOx emitted.
- The EGR valve is the main component of the EGR system, and it’s normally closed. It connects the exhaust manifold to the intake manifold and is controlled by either a vacuum or a built-in electric step motor. The function of the EGR valve is to control the flow of exhaust gas being recirculated, depending on the engine load.
Request for a sample:
Key Drivers of Global Automotive EGR Valves Market:
- Most vehicle manufacturers are incorporating the EGR technology in their vehicles, as EGR helps reduce the emission of toxic gases. EGR provides vehicle manufacturers a cost-effective, compact, and reliable method to reduce vehicle emission and increase fuel-efficiency of the vehicle. It is rapidly gaining popularity as a standard solution to boost efficiency of gasoline and hybrid propulsion systems. Increase in demand for EGR technology, owing to its advantages, is likely to boost the EGR valve market during the forecast period.
- Rising commercialization at significant pace in developing countries, such as China and India, has driven the demand for commercial vehicles in these countries. Furthermore, commercial vehicles are utilized to generate revenue, and higher fuel economy of commercial vehicles boosts revenues of vehicle owners. Consequently, owners prefer vehicles that offer higher fuel economy. Demand for enhanced fuel-efficiency with better performance is likely to boost the market for EGR valves during the forecast period.
- Stringent emission norms for automobiles are likely to boost the EGR valve market, owing to its capability to enhance efficiency of the internal combustion engine, in terms of power as well as fuel economy. EGR optimizes the intake and exhaust gases and circulates them in the cylinder till they burn completely, thereby reducing emissions. Automakers are replacing the conventional systems with EGR systems in order to comply with the stringent emission norms. This in turn, is driving the global market for automotive EGR valve.
Global Automotive EGR Valves Market to Offer Attractive Opportunities:
- EGR valve improves the engine’s life by reducing the temperature in the combustion chamber, which enhances engine efficiency and fuel economy. This is a major factor fueling the EGR valve market. Rapid collection of soot due to the constant use of vehicles in the urban environment is a key factor that can hinder the EGR valves market. Rise in the number of vehicle propels the demand for EGR valve in order to attain fuel economy. These factors are estimated to offer significant opportunities to the market in the next few years.
COVID–19 Pandemic to hamper market:
- The COVID-19 crisis is affecting economies and industries in various countries due to lockdowns, travel bans, and business lockdowns. The global material supplier industry is suffering serious disruptions such as supply chain breaks and office shutdowns. For instance, China is a global manufacturing hub and raw material supplier of various industries; it is also one of the worst affected countries. The lockdown of various plants and factories in China is restricting the global supply chains and disrupting manufacturing, delivery schedules, and various material sales. Various companies announced possible delays in product deliveries and slump in future sales of their products. All these factors are anticipated to hamper the global automotive EGR valves market across the globe.
PreBook Report At:
Asia Pacific Excluding Japan to Hold Significant Share of Global Automotive EGR Valves Market:
- Asia Pacific, excluding Japan, comprises rapidly expanding economies, including India and those in ASEAN, which is likely to witness higher demand for vehicles and consequently, boost the automotive EGR valves market during the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific, excluding Japan, held a leading share of the global automotive EGR Valves market due to higher volume of vehicles produced in prominent countries, including China, and lower manufacturing and labor cost across the region. Moreover, availability of inexpensive labor and raw material in the region coupled with increasing number of local manufacturers is likely to propel the market in Asia Pacific, excluding Japan, during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Market:
The global automotive EGR valves market is highly fragmented with top manufacturers across the global market. A few of the key players operating and potential in the global automotive EGR valves market are:
- Shengtai Automobile Parts
- SHB Group
- Valeo SA
- Shanghai SIIC Transportation Electric
- Schaeffler AG
- BorgWarner Inc.
- Automotive LLP
- Delphi ANSYS Inc.
- DENSO Europe B.V.
- Friedrich Boysen GmbH & Co. KG
- IAV GmbH
Read Latest Press Release By TMR: