- Anti-slip tiles offer friction between human foot and flooring surface to avoid slippage accidents. Anti-slip tiles are also referred to as anti-skid tiles.
- Anti-slip tiles are primarily used in heavy foot traffic areas and damp environments, such as kitchen, bathroom, courtyard/backyard, garden floor/outdoors, swimming pool, gym, commercial office stair & lobby, and manufacturing & processing industry premises
- Commercial tile manufacturers have developed new techniques of applying anti-slip coatings to installed tiles in order to enhance its anti-slip property
- Increase in infant and elderly population and rise in floor slips falls resulting in injury-related deaths have driven homeowners to install anti-slip tiles. This factor is anticipated to drive the global anti-slip tiles market.
High Demand for Anti-Slip Tiles in Manufacturing and Processing Industries to Drive the Global Anti-Slip Tiles Market
- In terms of end-use industry, the global anti-slip tiles market can be segregated into residential, commercial, and industrial. The residential segment is estimated to account for a major share of the global anti-slip tiles market in the near future.
- Floor slippage accidents account for 30% of the total industry accidents in the world. In order to counter these issues and improve safety, there are numerous regulations that instruct manufacturers and processors to maintain the specified coefficient of friction (COF) for industrial floorings.
- High degree of COF is observed in anti-slip tiles that comply with American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI) standards and are widely installed in manufacturing and processing industries
- Industrial workplace fluid spills and employee slippage rate is observed to be higher in food & beverages, chemical, pharmaceutical, and petrochemical industries. Increase in adoption rate of anti-slip tiles in these manufacturing and processing industries is anticipated to boost the growth of the global anti-slip tiles market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Increase in Demand for Anti-Slip Tiles in Residential Applications
- Anti-slip tiles are primarily used in residential buildings in kitchen, bathrooms, living room, garden outdoors, and parking spaces. Tiles that are installed in residential buildings are manufactured using distinct materials, such as ceramic, porcelain, PVC, and polyurethanes.
- Anti-slip tiles offer high slip resistance that prevent major accidents in damp environments, such as kitchen and bathrooms. These tiles provide excellent durable and scratch resistance that enhance their durability. Anti-slip tiles incur low maintenance cost and are cost effective as compared to other alternative substitutes.
- Demand for anti-slip tiles in kitchen, bathroom, living room, garden outdoors, and parking spaces is expected to increase in the near future, owing to their safety, low cost and maintenance, durability, and aesthetical characteristics.
- Anti-slip tiles are extensively employed in kitchens and bathrooms, as they offer impressive designs, themes, shapes, sizes, and comfort. Furthermore, rise in the standard of living and increase in demand for anti-slip tiles for design and aesthetic purposes are estimated to boost the demand for anti-slip tiles.
Asia Pacific Leads Global Anti-Slip Tiles Market
- Geographically, the global anti-slip tiles market can be divided into five regions: North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA).
- Asia Pacific accounted for a major share of the global anti-slip tiles market in 2018 due to the presence of large residential and commercial consumer base in the region
- This market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to rise in the standard of living of people in countries, such as China and India, and those in the ASEAN region
- Advent and emergence of anti-slip tile production techniques are likely to offer an drive their production in Asia Pacific
- Increase in adoption of anti-slip tiles for outdoor areas in residential buildings and for aesthetic purpose in the commercial industry in Asia Pacific is anticipated to drive the anti-slip tiles market in the region during the forecast period
- Production capacity expansions by manufacturers of anti-slip tiles in China and India are likely to boost the demand for anti-slip tiles in the near future
- Large manufacturing and processing industries in Europe are compelled to follow the British European Standards for industrial floorings. High demand for anti-slip tiles in these industries is propelling the growth of the anti-slip tiles market in the region
- North America and Latin America also held significant share of the global market in 2018, owing to the constant demand for anti-slip tiles in residential and commercial industries in these regions
- Rise in construction activities, such as infrastructure remodeling, repairs & renovations, residential housing, and commercial project permits in the U.S. are projected to drive the global anti-slip tiles market during the forecast period
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Anti-Slip Tiles market, ask for a customized report
Key Players Operating in the Anti-Slip Tiles Market:
Key players operating in the global anti-slip tiles market are focusing on forward integration by acquiring and collaborating with various distribution channels in order to strengthen their customer base. Furthermore, these players emphasize on strong brand engagement programs and effective advertising campaigns to create consumer awareness in the market. Major players operating in the global anti-slip tiles market include:
- Ceramiche Altas Concorde
- Foshan Sunvin Ceramics Co., Ltd.
- Foshan Wondrous Building Materials Co., Ltd.
- Groupo Lamosa
- Johnson Tiles
- Mohawk Industries
- Nitco Tiles
- RAK ceramics
- Somany Ceramics
- The Mosaic Company
Read Our Latest Press Release: