Active Optical Cables: Introduction
- Active optical cable is a cabling technology that takes the same electrical inputs as the copper cable but uses optical fiber between the connectors
- Active optical cables are transceiver products that have fiber optic cables permanently embedded in each end for applications with predictable and consistent link distance needs
- Active optical cables have replaced the copper technology in modern data centers and high performance computing applications
- Active optical cables are gaining popularity in hyperscale, enterprise, and storage systems as a high speed, plug & play solution with longer reaches than direct attach copper cables
- Characteristics of active optical cable such as improved performance, light weight, reduced bulkiness, higher bandwidth, and low power consumption make them superior product in any environment, and they are essential in settings that have high bandwidth demand
Request a Sample –
Increased Demand for Active Optical Cables
- Active optical cables are extensively utilized in production line applications, where high resolution images are used for quality control or to extend the control and video signals of a machine or computer that may be 50 ft to 200 ft away
- Most businesses relying on both high-performance computing and interconnected storage solutions employ active optical cables. This fuels the active optical cables market.
- Active optical cables convert electrical signals into optical signals for the transmission of video and data communications over short or long distances between the sources and displays. Therefore, active optical cables are widely employed in applications such as 4K/8K/10K video, augmented & virtual reality, etc.
- Demand for active optical cables is considerably high in consumer video (HDMI, display port connections) and PC USB or data center applications. This increased demand further boosts the active optical cables market
North America to Lead Global Active Optical Cables Market
- North America accounts for a leading share of the global active optical cables market due to the superlative IT infrastructure, nucleus of innovative high graphical gaming technology, production and streaming of various premium content, rising smart homes market and consumer electronics, and presence of world’s largest data centers in the U.S.
- Increase in adoption of advanced technologies such as network-function virtualization (NFV) & software-defined networking (SDN) and a rise in popularity of fiber optics technology are expected to drive the active optical cables market during the forecast period
- Rising popularity of video on demand, video conferencing, gaming, and home surveillance services and increased demand for high definition 4K displays are also expected to boost the active optical cables market
- Increase in bandwidth requirement fuels the demand for active optical cables in communication technology. Moreover, increase in government funding to improve network infrastructure increases the connectivity within the region, which offers business opportunities and subsequently, fuels the standard of living of the people in the region. Therefore, increasing investment by the government fuels the active optical cables market in North America.
Buy our Premium Research Report@
Key Players Operating in Global Active Optical Cables Market
- Lumentum Holdings, Inc.
- Sumitomo Electric Industries Ltd.
- Siemon Company
- Molex LLC
- IBM Corporation
- Fujitsu Limited
- Finisar Technologies
- Amphenol Corporation
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
90 State Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]