5G Network Providers under Scrutiny for Spreading Coronavirus
Various facts and rumors are being argued whether the fifth-generation (5G) cellular network is suppressing people’s immune systems amidst the COVID-19 (coronavirus) crisis. As such, the World Health Organization (WHO) has not made any strong claims regarding the rumor. Many fact-checking organizations claim the lack of evidence, which may show how cellular networks are the driving force behind the spread of the coronavirus. Full Fact— a British independent fact-checking charity claims that it is totally unfounded whether 5G impacts the immune systems of people.
It has been found that electromagnetic spectrum of the 5G network, which involves radio waves are potentially non-ionizing and do not damage the DNA inside cells, whereas X-rays and gamma rays have the potential to do so. On the other hand, companies in the small cell 5G network market have been working tirelessly to manage the growing traffic in telecom sectors amidst the pandemic. These factors are likely to drive the small cell 5G network market during the forecast period.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Small Cell 5G Network Market
Proliferation of IoT in U.S. Telecoms to Boost Market Growth
Major telecom operators in the U.S. are set to make heavy usage of small cell technology to roll out 5G coverage throughout the country. This is predicted to create business opportunities for companies in the U.S. small cell 5G network market. The global market is expected to reach US$ 5 Bn by 2030. This explains an estimated rapid CAGR of ~39% for the market during the forecast period. Thus, 5G rollout promising ultra-high speeds on several million devices is increasingly becoming the benchmark for companies in the U.S. small cell 5G network market.
The proliferation of IoT (Internet of Things) in the machine communication infrastructure is one of the key market drivers. Millions of connected devices and smart sensors are expanding the massive IoT infrastructure in telecommunication sectors. As such, telecom operators are rethinking and updating their antiquated IoT strategies.
Companies Focus on Growing Data Capacities in Urban and Rural Areas
Companies in the small cell 5G network market are vying business expansion opportunities in the U.S., owing to the rapid growth in the number of small cells. Likewise, even mobile operators are predicted to adjust data capacity in areas with high traffic congestion. Small cells are being highly publicized to improve both coverage and capacity of networks. Large and high-power macro-tower cellular radio sites are being built in urban areas. However, this has been raising the issue of lagging deployment in rural telecom sectors. Thus, while focusing in strengthening rural development, companies in the small cell 5G network market are focusing on growing data capacities of networks in both urban and rural areas.
Mobile data demand and capacity continue to grow at an exponential rate. This demand for data has triggered the need to increase network capacities for the 5G era.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
High Frequency Bandwidth Supports Delivery of Increased Capacity in Government Administration
The small cell 5G network is increasingly replacing in-building mobile broadband coverage from outdoor macro base-stations. Small cells are now being widely deployed in both indoors and outdoors to meet increasing data capacity demands in hotspot areas. 5G is bolstering the trend of enhanced mobile broadband (eMBB) in the industrial automation sector. This sector has catalyzed the demand for highly reliable 5G services in both indoor and outdoor environments. Companies in the small cell 5G network market are increasing the availability of new frequency bands to support the incoming traffic. Governments are allocating 24-28 and -39 GHz bands in the millimeter-wave (mmWave) spectrum to support incoming traffic in government and public administration sectors.
High-frequency radio waves do not have the advantage of low frequency coverage but have the advantage of high bandwidth that supports the delivery of increased capacity in the small cell 5G network market.
Small Cell Densification Deploys Interruption-free Experience for Rising Data Usage
The exponential growth of the small cell 5G network market can be attributed to LTE (Long Term Evolution)-A Pro deployment in tiny base stations. Mobile network operators (MNOs) are vying opportunities to support high levels of data usage and rising consumer expectations for an interruption-free experience. Thus, small cell densification holds promising potentials in keeping cost of ownership at minimum and at a manageable level. Several million small cell deployments and upgrades in urban areas are creating revenue opportunities for companies in the small cell 5G network market.
Chinese companies are increasingly focusing on small cell densification. The rapidly growing enterprise end-use cases such as shipping ports, manufacturing, automation, and IoT are creating incremental opportunities for 5G service providers.
Currently, the densification of small cells is gradually picking pace in North America as compared to China.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Small Cell 5G Network Market
Network Operators Work with City Officials to Minimize Small Cell Deployment Costs
The small cell 5G network is facilitating a scalable deployment of the low-skilled workforce. However, the deployment of small cells can be time-consuming and a cost-intensive procedure, since it involves the identification of millions of necessary locations. Hence, companies in the small cell 5G network market educating network operators to work with city officials and other stakeholders to overcome challenges of small cell deployment. There is a growing need for reforms that cater to city permitting in order to balance agility and oversight.
Network operators are raising the need to establish nationwide small cell information exchange networks. It has been found that rolling out small cells in the U.S. is more likely to be costly and time-consuming as compared any other country in the world. Hence, companies in the U.S. small cell 5G network market are working closely with city officials to keep up with global competitors in China and South Korea..
Small Cell 5G Network Market: Overview
- The global small cell 5G network market is expected to expand at a CAGR of ~37% during the forecast period, primarily driven by increase in investments for 5G and rise in demand for small cell solutions for machine-to-machine (M2M) communications and Internet of Things (IoT)
- The small cell 5G network market is expected to be valued at ~US$ 221 Mn in 2022 and reach US$ 5 Bn by 2030
- In terms of component, the femtocell segment is anticipated to account for a notable share as compared to other components of the small cell 5G network market
- In terms of end user, telecom operators is set to dominate the small cell 5G network market during the forecast period, whereas the enterprise segment is likely to be the fastest growing segment during the forecast period
- Asia Pacific remains a prominent market for small cell 5G network globally, and the market in the region is expected to be valued at US$ 87.71 Mn by the end of 2022
Small Cell 5G Network Market Definition
- The small cell 5G network market report provides analysis of the market for the period of 2018 – 2030, wherein 2019 is the base year, 2022 is the estimated year and 2022 to 2030 is the forecast period. Data for 2018 has been included as historical information.
- In this report, we analyze the growth drivers that enhance the value of the small cell 5G network market and various opportunities prevailing in the market
- Providers of small cell 5G network are focused on developing innovative solutions to serve specific requirements of end users, which is projected to drive the market in the upcoming years
Asia Pacific Small Cell 5G Network Market: Snapshot
- Key countries that significantly contribute to the growth of the small cell 5G network market in Asia Pacific are South Korea, China, Australia, and others. South Korea witnesses increasing government support for the adoption of 5G-based small cells, thus driving the small cell 5G network market in the region.
Key Drivers of Small Cell 5G Network Market
- Increase in investments for 5G: During this technological era, next-generation wireless networking is gaining significance across all industries worldwide to meet the challenges of the future. High bandwidth, low latencies, and fast networking data rates are the key requirements across industries in order to improve business operations. 5G networking supports these requirements tremendously. Research, planning, and investments are key strategies emphasized by governments and major vendors across regions for embracing these networks. Governments across major countries such as the U.S., Japan, Germany, China, and India are introducing 5G spectrum for efficient networking solutions. Meanwhile, private LTE networks are already active among enterprises across the U.S. and Japan. Thus, the impact of this driver is high in the current scenario across both developed and developing countries, and is expected to drive the growth of the small cell 5G network market worldwide.
Increasing demand for small cell solutions for Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communications and Internet of Things (IoT):
Study of technological developments in recent years across commercial and industrial sectors such as manufacturing, oil & gas, transportation, logistics, and mining highlights that these sectors are looking to invest more on process optimization through automation, and leveraging smart capabilities of the technologies involved. These sectors are focused on adopting digital solutions, Internet of Things, and smart system technologies. A robust wireless network is the key solution to be incorporated and integrated with existing systems to achieve required efficiency, as the growing population of smart connected devices utilizing next generation wireless technologies would drive the need for data intensive but secure networks.
Key Restraints of Small Cell 5G Network Market
- Poor backhaul connectivity and data management: Telecom operators are currently focusing on the deployment of small cells to balance their macro-cellular networks and enhance their network coverage and capacity. Operators are still facing some issues regarding traffic backhauling from small cells in order to deploy small cells with the help of wireless networking technologies.
- Poor backhaul connectivity and data management is expected to hamper the growth of the small cell 5G network market. Backhaul connectivity is generally utilized in telecom services and also for transmitting a signal from one remote location or a network to another location. Therefore, poor backhaul connectivity and data management are major restraints of the small cell 5G network market.
Small Cell 5G Network Market: Competition Landscape
- In February 2022, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. introduced 5G-based equipment (small cells, MIMO equipment, baseband devices, etc.). This initiative would help the company to enhance its customer base worldwide.
- In February 2022, Verizon Communications, Inc. launched its 5G networking-based small cells to enhance network efficiency to end users
Small Cell 5G Network Market: Company Profile Snapshot
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.: Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. is a prominent global company that provides end-to-end ICT solutions in telecom and enterprise networks, cloud technology, and services. Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. also offers switches, routers, small cell, WLAN, and storage solutions.
- Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson: Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson is a communications company that delivers ICT solutions. The company has presence in over 180 countries and provides complete industry solutions, including mobile broadband, cloud services, optimization, and network design. The company offers services, software, and infrastructure in information and communications technology for telecommunication operators, networking equipment, small cells, and mobile and fixed broadband.
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.: Samsung is a leading global company that manufactures and sells home appliances, consumer electronics, telecommunications equipment, semiconductors, apparel, chemicals, medical equipment, solid state drives, and DRAM. The company also provides services in diverse areas, including information and communications technology, financial services, medical and healthcare services, advertising, construction, entertainment, and hospitality.
- Verizon Communications, Inc.: Verizon Communications, Inc. was formed after the merger of Bell Atlantic Corp. and GTE Corp. It is a global company that provides integrated solutions for businesses. It also offers innovative communication and technology solutions. The company is present in 150 locations across the globe. Verizon Communications, Inc. specializes in offering communications, entertainment, and information products and services to businesses, consumers, and agencies.
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]