It is not easy to choose the right headstone for a loved one. The type of memorialization you select will have an impact on how your loved one is remembered, and it can also affect the cost of their burial or cremation service. Choose wisely!
In this article, we list six types of headstones in Melbourne so that you can make an informed decision about which kind would best suit your situation.Headstones Melbourne are different from other headstones around the world!
6 types of headstones available in Melbourne:
- Traditional Monuments
- Wall & Bench Memorials
- Garden Graves and Caskets
- Headstones with Glass or Marble Inserts for Photos, Artwork, or Memorabilia
- Heritage Gravemarkers from the 1800s to 1950’s in a Variety of Styles and Sizes
- Informal/family grave marker
The columns are numbered so that you can use them as a reference when considering your options. We hope this article will help you make an informed decision about what kind of headstone is right for you.
- Traditional Monuments: These headstones are the most popular because they can be created in almost any size, shape, or material. They come in a variety of colors and designs to suit everyone’s taste. These monuments provide comfort without being too complicated for those viewing them at the cemetery.
- Wall & Bench Memorials: Wall benches are excellent when space is limited due to their small footprint – even if you have a large family who wants an engraved bench memorial, it takes up less ground area than standing stones would occupy. The wall bench also provides more shade on hot days!
- Garden Graves and Caskets: Garden graves allow for natural grass growth, which will eventually cover your loved one’s remains as time goes by. This type of grave marker is perfect if you want to keep the location of your loved one’s grave a secret.
- Headstones with Glass or Marble Insert for Photos, Artwork, or Memorabilia: Headstones in Melbourne can have an insert made from glass specially designed and fitted into them so that they may be filled with memorabilia. This way, your loved ones are remembered not only by their name but also by items they enjoyed during their life such as photos, artwork, music, etc.
- Heritage Gravemarkers (1800’s – 1950): Heritage graves in Melbourne offer headstone options over 100 years ago, including Victorian markers with angel wings and Celtic crosses! These types of monuments are low-maintenance because there is no need to paint them every year.
- Informal/family grave marker: This type of memorial is the most affordable, and it may be placed on its own or alongside other markers. It does not indicate a specific family member but instead commemorates an entire family through a shared date of death.
As you can see, there are many different types of headstones in Melbourne that will suit your loved one’s memorialization needs. The more informed decision you make about which type of marker is right for them, the better!