Essential Products Open Up Avenues for Hygiene Packaging during COVID-19 Crisis
The packaging industry has witnessed a high volume growth during the coronavirus crisis. Better earning with the beginning of 2023 is anticipated to create value grab opportunities for companies in the hygiene packaging market, due to rising consumption of packed products. Companies such as Essel Propack, Cosmo Films, and Uflex are capitalizing on this opportunity to introduce hygiene packaging for liquid hand washes, sanitizers, and foods.
Manufacturers in the hygiene packaging market are increasing the availability of flexible packaging solutions, due to hazards associated with non-packaged products. A multifold increase in demand for personal hygiene products is anticipated to create stable and long-term revenue streams for manufacturers. Essential items such as edible oils, flour, and rice have opened up avenues for hygiene packaging. As such, single use food packaging is also on the rise.
Get Sample Copy:
Moreover, people are demanding antibacterial hygiene packaging products for fulfilling greater life expectancy. As per TMR findings, the global tissue paper and hygiene films consumption is expected to increase rapidly by 20-25% post pandemic situation. This can be attributed to changing hygienic understanding among consumers and reducing risk of infection during pandemic. However, every industry, including packaging, has witnessed the impact of the pandemic. From raw material supply delay to lockdown across various geographic locations, the industry is facing several challenges of elevated costs, pressure on prices, labor issues, and operational challenges.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Hygiene Packaging Market
Can Plastic be Entirely Omitted from Hygiene Food Packaging?
Plastic packaging delivers economic benefits companies in the hygiene packaging market. Plastic is associated with resource efficiency, since it increases the shelf life of food products, decreases food wastage, and its low weight attributes significantly cut down on fuel consumption during goods transportation. However, plastic is infamous for causing long-term environmental damages and leads to issues of decomposition. Hence, manufacturers in the hygiene packaging market are investigating composite materials such as paperboard combined with a small amount of plastic to minimize climate impact as compared to conventional all-plastic packaging.
In the area of food packaging, companies are replacing plastic trays with renewable paperboard as an easy alternative to plastic. As such, plastic is being linked to high hygiene requirements. Hence, companies are designing packaging trays with paperboard made from wood fibers and plastic barrier layer to meet hygiene packaging requirements.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Brands Adopting Anti-microbial Packaging Drive Enormous Progress in Purchase of Products
The onset of the COVID-19 pandemic has drawn increased emphasis on hygiene packaging. Manufacturers are increasing their production capabilities in anti-microbial materials, tamper evident packaging, and use of ultraviolet light to comply with new packaging standards. Anti-microbial materials consisting of anti-microbial coating on plastic is gaining popularity as a cutting-edge development to kill bacteria by making the surface inhospitable. Companies in the hygiene packaging market are incorporating anti-microbial additives in a variety of material forms to meet requirements of consumers.
Manufacturers in the hygiene packaging market are entering into strategic agreements with material suppliers to increase the availability of anti-microbial coating solutions. These coating solutions are being made compatible with various paints, textiles, and plastics to make hygiene packaging easy and hassle-free. Brands adopting anti-microbial packaging solutions are sure to witness enormous progress in the purchasing of food and other products.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Hygiene Packaging Market
Mobile Apps Educate Consumers about Recyclable, Hygienic Beauty Products Packaging
Apart from food and pharmaceutical products, companies in the hygiene packaging market are tapping value grab opportunities in cosmetic product applications. Manufacturers are taking giant strides in the area of sustainability, hygiene, and visual aesthetics for cosmetic products packaging in order to increase brand visibility and boost its credibility credentials. Innovative packaging in the beauty industry is considered as the Holy Grail for successfully marketing products. Brands are focusing on improving the Instagram-able appeal for their products to boost sales.
Sustainable and hygienic packaging is found to top the list of innovative packaging for beauty products. Low and zero waste lifecycles have become a fast-growing phenomena in the hygiene packaging market. Manufacturers are investigating eco-friendly alternatives in hygiene packaging to meet sustainability demands of consumers. Beauty brands such as Roberts Beauty and Knoll Printing and Packaging are gaining market recognition for their inclination toward sustainable packaging solutions, while abiding with hygiene requirements. Brands are innovating in mobile apps and other digital information outlets to educate customers about recycling of product packaging.
Hygiene Packaging Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global hygiene packaging market for the forecast period of 2020-2028, the market is estimated to grow, owing to the demand from food & beverages, pharmaceutical, and personal care industries
- The global hygiene packaging market is expected to clock a high growth rate during the forecast period. Practice of personal hygiene is likely to increase the sales of hygiene packaging in the years to come.
Increase in Percentage of Older Population Propelling Demand for Tissue Papers
- The growing population results in significant demand for hygiene and healthcare products thus, creating new driving the demand for tissue papers. An aging population is increasing the demand for incontinence and healthcare products, both in mature and emerging markets. For instance, the occurrence of incontinence among people over the age of 65 is estimated to be 15% to 20%. The population growth is directly linked to tissue consumption. Tissue consumption increases by the same percentage as that of population. With the growing population, the total hygiene paper and films consumption in North America has grown from 9 million tons in 2018 to 10 million tons in 2020, with the prominent growth rate.
- It is also witnessed that consumers in North America are consuming tissue papers almost three times than that of European people. America has more demand for toilet tissue papers than any other population in the world, with tissue sector valuing ~US$ 31 Bn every year. The sales of toilet tissue papers continue to grow in terms of value and volume by 2% to 3% per year.
- Due to the growing population in Asia, Latin America, and Africa, many key players such as Essity, Sofidel, etc. are planning to expand its business in these regions
Initiatives Taken by Governments to Increase Awareness about Health and Hygiene Fueling Demand for Hygiene Products
- Rapidly increasing population and rising awareness regarding health and personal hygiene are creating opportunities for manufacturers operating in the global tissue and hygiene products sector, which manufactures napkins, towels, wipes, kitchen towels, bath and toilet tissues, baby diapers, adult incontinence products, feminine care products, etc. These are directly driving the market for elastic laminates. The demand for hygiene products in developing economies is continuously rising. There are tremendous opportunities for companies to conquer the Asian market, in view of the fact that the purchasing power of the people is increasing, along with rising awareness regarding personal hygiene. Aggressive promotions, rising education levels, and various initiatives taken by governments and NGO entities have led to rise in the demand for diapers and feminine care products, resulting in the growth of global hygiene packaging market.
Adoption of Hygiene Packaging Rules across Packaging Industry to Avoid Infection Spread is Drive Hygiene Packaging Market
- Nowadays, most manufacturers are being aware of the negative impact of various faulty packaging in their businesses. Malfunctioning processes of packaging and numerous mistakes in the supply chain affect chemical and physical integrity and quality of their manufactured products. Hence, they are driven to provide safe products to consumers and the society. Various stringent industry rules & regulations and changing end user demands are pushing manufacturers to rectify their production processes.
- Key players in the packaging industry are expected to innovate in development of hygienic packets. Most manufacturers are primarily focusing on inventing cost-effective and high-quality components for hygiene packaging to increase sales of products, which is anticipated to drive the hygiene packaging market during the forecast period.
Antibacterial Packaging Materials to Boost Production of Hygiene Packaging
- Packaging development that may spearhead coronavirus is antibacterial material. This kind of packaging may allow customers to pick up products fearlessly that others may have touched. For retailers, it would eliminate the need to disinfect or wipe down stuffs repeatedly. Antibacterial materials are already being used on various objects (such as payment cards) and scientists are exploring more in plastic packaging. Thus, these components will bring a change to the packaging industry for healthy, safe, and secure sales process.
Hygiene Packaging Market: Key Findings
- The global hygiene packaging market is estimated to increase with the growth rate of 4% during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to the increase in demand for hygiene-based products such as tissue papers, diapers, and feminine products, especially required during travelling.
- Hygiene papers are expected to hold nearly 4/5th value share of the global market. Amid the COVID-19 pandemic situation, consumer inclination toward healthy habits and maintaining hygienic lifestyle are contributing to amplify sales of hygiene papers.
- Based on product type, the films segment is anticipated to increase by 1.7 times of current market value in the upcoming eight years. Increasing demand for breathable films is expected to create exponential growth opportunities for this segment during the forecast period.
- Due to the presence of advanced technology-based hygiene packaging industries, North America is anticipated to remain at the leading position during the forecast period of 2023-2028. However, this market is expected to witness a loss of 210 bps of current market share, by the end of 2028.
- Due to increasing awareness about hygiene maintenance amid COVID-19, the Asia Pacific hygiene packaging market is projected to create lucrative opportunities of US$ 8 Bn during 2023-2028 for key players. Therefore, multifold investments by international players in this region was witnessed in the past year.
Hygiene Packaging Market: Competition Landscape
- TMR analyzed that the global hygiene packaging market is highly competitive, owing to a large number of local players in the market. This competition among key players is carefully studied based on developments, strategies, and segmental revenue of companies.
- TMR Group outlines key players in the latest hygiene packaging market study, which includes
- Amcor Limited
- Essity Aktiebolag (publ)
- SOFIDEL Group
- Georgia-Pacific LLC
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- Amerplast Ltd.
- Kris Flexipacks Pvt Ltd
- Wepa Hygieneprodukte GmbH
- Procter & Gamble Company
- Krugar Products L.P.
- TMR distinguished these hygiene packaging market players as per their segmental earnings into different tier slabs. These key players are estimated to hold nearly 20-25% share of the global market.
- Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]