Emulsion Polymers Market: Description
- Emulsion polymers are produced by polymerization followed by emulsification of monomers such as styrene and butadiene and some co-monomers such as vinyl acetate.
- Emulsion polymers are widely employed in various end-user industries such as paints & coatings, paper & paperboard, adhesives, and textiles & non-woven.
- Paints & coatings was the largest end-user segment of the emulsion polymers market in 2018. Furthermore, it is likely to be the fastest growing segment of the global emulsion polymers market from 2019 to 2027. Acrylics held major share of the global emulsion polymers market in 2018.
Request PDF Brochure :https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=1705
What are Key Growth Drivers of Global Emulsion Polymers Market?
- Emulsion polymers are used in manufacturing paints and coatings for improving the quality of the color, heat sensitivity, and self-repairing abilities. Owing to the demand for high-quality paints, manufacturers are using emulsion polymers on a large scale to add value to their products.
- High demand from the paints & coatings industry has been driving the demand for emulsion polymers for the past couple of years. Emulsion polymers are used in the processing of various types of paints such as automotive OEM and refinish paints, and coatings such as architectural coatings, decorative coatings, and other industrial coatings.
- The market is also anticipated to grow as the demand for removable and permanent adhesives rises at a significant rate. Adhesives play a major role in the consumer goods industry, which includes household furnishings, packaging, and footwear.
- Needless to say, the increasing disposable incomes have bolstered the demand for these items, which in turn, has increased the demand for adhesives. This has provided the emulsion polymers market a significant impetus. The increasing uptake of adhesives in the automotive industry has also boosted the consumption of emulsion polymers in recent years.
REQUEST FOR COVID19 IMPACT ANALYSIS :https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=1705
What are Key Challenges for Global Emulsion Polymers Market?
- Fluctuations in raw material prices are likely to hamper the growth of emulsion polymers market, creating a direct impact on their prices. Furthermore, the raw material demand and supply gap is anticipated to increase, as their consumption in other end-user industries is likely to increase in the next couple of years.
- Butadiene is extracted by steam cracking of naphtha, ethane, propane, and C4 hydrocarbons. Dehydrogenation of butane and butylene is another conventional method for producing butadiene.
- Variations in prices of these primary petrochemicals such as ethane and naphtha coupled with their growing consumption by other end-user industries are likely to affect the butadiene prices by 2027. As these petrochemical feed stocks are dependent on crude oil reserves, petrochemical prices are subjected to further volatility.
Explore Transparency Market Research’s award-winning coverage of the global Industry:
Lucrative Opportunities for Acrylic Emulsion in Global Emulsion Polymers Market
- Acrylics constitutes a large chunk of the global emulsion polymers market as well. Reports suggest that acrylics held a significant share in the global market in 2018. The ability of acrylics in imparting the property of quick-drying to paints has been the primary factor driving the consumption of acrylics across the globe. The fact that acrylic paints are superior in quality and provide excellent water resistance, strength, and adhesion has also sparked an interest for such paints amongst consumers.
- Supported by these drivers, the acrylics segment is anticipated to represent an opportunity worth more than US$21 bn in 2027 as it promises to expand at a CAGR of more than 5.5% between 2019 and 2027. Innovations in acrylic emulsions such as the introduction of water-based acrylic emulsion polymer products are expected to open up a new category of products in the market, thereby giving rise to a never-seen-before demand and opportunity. These paints will have the ability to gel with water-based inks and overprint varnishes.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Global Emulsion Polymers Market
- Asia Pacific has held a dominant share in the global emulsion polymers market with the support from developing countries of India and China. As the building and construction activities in these developing countries grows, it is expected to make a dramatic contribution to the regional revenues of this market. Furthermore, the flourishing demand for adhesives is likely to create an immense demand for emulsion polymers. Between 2019 and 2027, the Asia Pacific emulsion polymers market is expected to progress at a CAGR of more than 6.5%.
- Acrylics, a product of emulsion polymers, has been extensively consumed across Asia Pacific. The phenomenal demand for paints and coatings has been the key factor leading to the substantial uptake of acrylics.
Leading Players in Global Emulsion Polymers Market
- Some of the key players operating in the global emulsion polymers market are
- Synthomer plc
- BASF SE
- Celanese Corporation
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Arkema S.A.
- Trinseo S.A.
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.