A decoy is typically an individual , device, or event meant as a distraction, to hide what a private or a gaggle could be trying to find . Decoys are used for hundreds of years most notably in game hunting, but also in wartime and within the committing or resolving of crimes. there are many decoys like turkey decoy .
General Decoy Characteristics and Usage
- Decoys are placed in shallow water (ducks) or on fields (geese).
- All decoys for an equivalent sort of animal have an equivalent luring effect.
- The direction at which the decoys look doesn’t matter.
- When you deploy a decoy, another one among an equivalent type are going to be put from your backpack into your hands. This makes it easy to deploy multiple decoys within the same location.
- Decoys don’t require a time to realize attraction. They fully attract right after being placed on the map.
- There is additionally no deploy penalty. Deploying won’t spook any animals.
- As the other persistent “world item”, decoys stay the map after leaving the hunting session.
- There may be a limit of 200 decoys per reserve.
- Decoys that are on the brink of one another are often seen on the map together icon.
- Pay attention to how far apart you found out your waterfowl decoys.
- If you see two icons then your decoys are far enough apart to be treated as two separate spreads. If birds fly above both spreads the prospect is higher that they’re going to land at one among them compared to if they fly over one spread.
- However, you’ll have a greater area to hide since the birds can plan to land at either spread and if they’re too far apart it’s going to be tricky to call them in with the close range caller without leaving your blind.
When placing a decoy
- Use the mouse wheel to vary the space .
- Use the proper push button to rotate it.
- Use the left push button to put it.
Duck decoys are often wont to increase the prospect of ducks abruption from high flying flocks, and attempting to land, as they fly over a neighborhood . The effect of multiple decoys within the same area pile up to a max of 24 regular decoys. Additional decoys added after 24 haven’t any effect on probability.
- The “break off probability” increases with every decoy that’s placed within during a group.
- With 24 decoys the utmost stacked decoy effect in a neighborhood is reached.
- The position of a duck decoy group is shown on the map in game and on the web site with a duck icon. there’ll even be variety showing the quantity of decoys within that group.
- Male and feminine decoys have the exact same luring effect.
- The effect area may be a circle with a radius of approx. 100m.
- It doesn’t matter how the decoys are placed as long as they show together icon (ideally of 24) on the map.
- Duck decoys can only be placed in shallow water, not on land .
- The use of an extended range caller adds up with the decoys and produces even more attraction. However using many callers at an equivalent time (i.e. in multiplayer) won’t increase the attraction any longer .
- Capacity cost: 0.25 units
24 of those decoys have an attraction effect of
- 100% on Mallards
- 50% on American Black Ducks
- 50% on Northern Pintails
- 50% on Gadwalls