The demand within the global gas discharge tubes market is growing alongside improvements in chemical procedures across multiple industries. The application of gas discharge tubes in the electrical industry has played an integral role in market growth. Moreover, several experiments related to luminescence involve the use of gas discharge tubes. Therefore, the total volume of revenues within the global gas discharge tubes market is set to increase by leaps and bounds. Electric devices have become increasingly popular in the residential and commercial sectors. This trend, coupled with the need for gas-filled tubes in chemical experiments, shall propel market demand.
- Compact fluorescent bulbs use gas discharge tubes to emit radiance, and this is an important consideration from the perspective of market growth. Furthermore, metal-halide lights, neon lights, and sodium-vapour lamps are also made from gas discharge tubes. Therefore, the market vendors are expected to reap lucrative gains from the growing popularity of light emitting diodes and other efficient lighting technologies.
- Experiments involving the use of cathodes and anodes also necessitate the use of gas discharge tubes. Besides, application of these tubes in power devices has also paved way for increased market revenues. Noise diodes and computing tubes have transcended as important technologies across the energy sector.
- Use of gases such as hydrogen, deuterium, and several of the noble gases adds to the uniqueness of gas discharge tubes. Use of these gases increases the cost of deploying these tubes, and this factor could hamper market growth. However, growing popularity of energy-efficient technologies shall continue to drive demand within the global market.
- Ultraviolet spectroscopy is another area that involves the use of gas discharge tubes. Commercialization of lighting technologies is a prominent trend across several regions. Therefore, the total volume of revenues within the gas discharge tubes market is projected to rise in the coming times.
Global Gas Discharge Tubes Market: Overview
Gas discharge tubes are a type of tubes filled with specialized gas such as krytron, ignitron, and thyratron. A gas discharge tube has an electronic component where the electrodes are arranged in an organized manner. These electrodes are enclosed by the specialized gas with an insulant cover that offers temperature resistance. These tubes are mainly used for protecting electronic and telecommunication devices and equipment from surging voltage and other faults.
Global Gas Discharge Tubes Market: Notable Developments
Some of the key developments in the global gas discharge tubes market are given below:
- In March 2019, Littlefuse Inc., a prominent name in the global gas discharge tubes market announced that the company has launched a new 650V SiC Schottky Diodes. The company has rebranded the product with new package sizes with better reliability, thermal management, and improvement in the overall efficiency. These improved diodes will be used across different application such as electric vehicle charging stations, free-wheeling diodes in inverter stages, and power factor correction among others.
- In May 2019, Bourns Inc., announced that the company has launched two lower profile and compact TVs Diode Series to cater to the growing requirement of miniaturization in the field of high power density designs.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Global Gas Discharge Tubes Market: Drivers and Restraints
There are multiple factors that are influencing the overall development of the global gas discharge tubes market. One of the key driving factors for the market growth is the increasing accidents or mishaps due to the blasting of electronic devices. These devices burst due to the flow of high voltage in them. Gas discharge tubes are generally used for protecting the sensitive and often fragile telecom components such as data transmission lines, signal lines, and power lines in electronic devices from the sudden surge in voltage. These tubes also help in providing protection against overvoltage faults. Such host of benefits are thus helping the global market for gas discharge tubes to grow at a considerable pace.
In addition to this, the growing disposable income and urbanization has led to the upscaling of the overall standard of living of the people around the world. Due to this, people are willing to spend more on their hobbies and likings including electronics. This is also expected to play an important role in driving the growth of the market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on “Gas Discharge Tubes Market”
Global Gas Discharge Tubes Market: Geographical Outlook
The global gas discharge tubes market is divided into five major geographical regions for the better understanding of its working dynamics. These five regions are North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East and Africa. Of these, currently the global gas discharge tubes market is dominated by the Asia Pacific region. The growth of the country is mainly attributed to the booming electronics sector in countries such as Taiwan, South Korea, Japan, and China. Moreover, the growing consumption of electronic wearables and other devices is also playing a considerable role in the development of the market. The gas discharge tubes market in Asia Pacific is expected to continue to lead over the course of the given forecast period of 2019 to 2027. This growth of the market is attributed to the swift technological advancements in the region.
Other important regions such as North America and Europe are also expected to witness a steady growth in the near future. Due to presence of a strong electronics industry and early availability of latest high-tech gadgets and electric devices, these nations are expected to flourish over the course of the given forecast period.
Read Our Latest Press Release: