You’re probably frustrated with your FUT Champions matches in FIFA 21, but don’t worry, because EA has released Update 8 for the PC version of FIFA 21 and it’s coming to PS5, Xbox Series X | S, PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch soon. Below we detail the majority of the changes that this update introduces:
New in the gameplay
- Made various adjustments to the team pressure directional pad tactic.
- Reduced the amount of time the Crosshead Team Pressure tactic can be active before requiring a cooldown, from 20 seconds to 15 seconds.
- In situations where the defending team uses Team Press and regains possession, Team Press will not automatically remain active on the next loss of possession.
- Both skill moves are no longer considered easy skill moves and will be less effective when chained while moving.
- The goalkeeper sometimes gets stuck in the geometry of the net and cannot get the ball into play, which means that matches do not finish at the expected time.
- After a defender stands in front of the owner of the ball after a hard hit, the defender sometimes does not contest the ball.
- When a goalkeeper moved and then stood still during a penalty, he could sometimes deflect the ball into his own net when it was hit directly.
- In situations where the ball carrier started a shooting animation, but the shot was canceled in time, the defender could sometimes perform an unintentional blocking animation.
Changes in Ultimate Team
- In online matches, players will no longer see their opponent’s equipped ball item, but will always see theirs.
- Co-Op Squad Battles matches can now be paused during the gameplay by any player.
- Co-Op Squad Battles games no longer have a pause limit.
- After claiming FUT Coins from team event objectives, the overall FUT Coin total did not increase until you exit FUT and re-enter.
- The correct amount of FUT coins was being claimed, this issue only affected when the display of the grand total increased.
- The Co-Op widget might stop responding after the price filter was used during a search in the Transfer Market.
- If a Co-Op Lobby guest left the Lobby while the Host was opening a package, the background of the Host menu would be displayed incorrectly.
- When previewing Goal Music, Chant, Anthem, and Crowd Items in Stadium, the audio would be restored if the Preview Item was selected.
- The progress UI was animated each time the Community Event screen was visited.
- Updated description of Competitor mode.
- Updated the FUT Champions Leaderboard Points icon displayed on the Weekend League details screen.
- Updated background in the pop-up window that is shown when choosing a seasonal reward that has multiple options.
- Repetitive comments may occur during some corner kicks.
FIFA 21 update 8 is now available for PC players, and in the coming weeks it will arrive on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X | S, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
If you have extra FUT coins, remember that you can always count on U7Buy to sell FUT 21 coins.
(Contributed by GB; Edited by Hermes_Fang)